[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Doctor's Appointment

Doctor's Appointment

Re: Doctor's Appointment

Postby Wolfman2006 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Mason visably relaxes somewhat at Dr. Kennigans brisk and bussiness focus.

"I was coming out of the cafeteria right when things started to escilate so I dunno if I missed something, maybe Deputy Director White can fill you in on the details. Anyway it seems she was told to report here for a medical examination, and she refused. Some of the compond guards had guns on her, Deputy Director White tried to help calm the situation and convince her that it wasn't a choice. I stepped in at that point, hoping maybe as a non threatening and non authoritive figure might help, but it didn't get that far. One of the guards clocked her int he back of the head, and uh.. we brought her here."

Mason looks down at Alice sadly

"I can't speak for her and won't insult her by trying. But please don't judge her refusal, I really believe she had the best of intentions, even if unrealistic expectations."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:19 pm

There was a light tap at the tent flap.

"Got some fruit juice pops here. I'm gonna leave'm in the snow whenever people want them." Henry called in without opening stepping in.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:47 am

Dr. Kennigan's eyebrows rise as the Marshal recounts the incident, looking back and forth between Fell and White surprisedly for a moment before remembering what she is supposed to be doing. With a sigh, she says not for the first time, "Plenty enough people have problems with doctors." She doesn't have much time before Alice hopefully awakens, so she prepares a syringe to get to most offensive part out of the way while she is still unconscious. "Sometimes you have to do what needs to be done," Ellie continues grudgingly, shooting a look at the Deputy Director, "but you don't have to be happy about it. Why don't you guys have a seat or something." It isn't exactly a question, but not quite a demand. "There are some folding chairs in the other part of the tent."

"Mister... you," she indicates Mason Fell, "are you close with this girl? Any medical conditions I should be aware of?" Ellie cranks the head of the cot up to a more comfortable position, careful to keep the young lady in place. She tapes off Alice's arm and begins tapping for a vein.
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Wolfman2006 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:29 am

"Mason, Deputy Marshal Mason Fell. I saw you in passing a few times back on the island, I don't think we'd actually met however, it'd be nice to meet you under different circumstances."

He takes the hint and collects a pair of folding chairs, he sets them both up and sits in one and gives a gesture to Deputy Director White towards the other.

"Uh close heh no, not exactly. Point of fact I only met her during the holiday party a couple monthes back. So no idea about that stuff, I do know she is very uh sensitive towards doctors and the like, not that its new information at this point."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:04 am

Deputy Director White unfolds a chair and sits down. He folds his gloves up into his pockets, shrugs out of his trench coat and suit coat, and rolls up a sleeve.

"While by no means ideal, this could have ended much, much worse."
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby sndwurks » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:53 pm

It is a learned skill that has served him surprisingly well in many situations. Sit or stand in a place where no one really is looking, and keep quiet, and their eyes just slip off of you. For a many of his height and terrible choice in Hawaiian shirts, it is a little surprising how easily it is to simply forget that Billy St. Francis is there. The timely distraction, however, he offers a quiet murmur of thanks to the powers that be for, and sets the clipboard he was handed aside. When Deputy Director White noticed him, there was a swift nod, but the private investigator was more than eager to go back to just another face in the background.

He rises from his seat to find a place to observe the proceedings, giving another slight nod towards anyone who meets his gaze. It is a little eerie how still he gets when no one is watching, but whether it is a result of simply years of practice at close observation or just a natural lack of fidgeting is anyone's guess.
sndwurks

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:23 am

"It could have been much worse," Ellie echoes resignedly, finishing off the blood draw and taping a cotton ball in place.

After marking and putting the vial in its rightful place, the doctor places the stethoscope in her ears and on Alice's chest. She nods slightly. It has only been seven or eight minutes since Alice was laid on the cot in the medical tent, but time always slows in crisis, and it seems like it's been much longer. If Dr. Kennigan is worried that Alice hasn't woken up on her own yet, it doesn't show one iota on her face. She pushes her glasses to the top of her head and puts the stethescope on the counter, hoping she looks as least doctor-like as possible. "I'm gonna give her a couple more minutes to wake up on her own, then I'll wake her up myself," she says, squinting at another syringe that she fills with liquid.

The doctor glances around the room. "There are a lot of people in here. Billy," she takes notice of the investigator for the first time in several minutes, "y'might wanna step outside. And I'm probably not the first person she's gonna want to see..." Ellie takes her place behind the head of the cot, out of Alice's direct line of sight from where she sits up in bed. She sets the loaded syringe and a bottle of pain relievers close at hand and begins scratching on the chart that would have been Billy's.
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby PoeticJustice » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:09 am

The girl who normally looks constantly on edge, waiting for something to go wrong, looks almost peaceful in her enforced nap. Her face softens and her lips move occasionally, a half-mumbled syllable lost to the ether of chaos and bumbling going on around her.

She stirs slightly, shifting on the cot and murmuring in a dazed fashion "... turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth..." She shifts again and then her eyes open blearily.

"Tommy?" she murmurs, in a confused, gentle whisper, before the wince causes her to realize that her head hurts. She sees white on all sides, and looks even more confused. Her eyes skate over everyone present except the wellplaced doctor behind her, and then land on Fell. Specifically on his neck and wrists, and the novelties found there. The medical tent is suddenly secondary in the disoriented girl's list of priorities.

The response is instantaneous, one hand shooting to her hip, which almost succeeds in knocking the cot she is on over in her disoriented state. She finds no weapon there, however, and further panic begins to set in, her other hand immediately moving to her temple, where two fingers rest. Her mouth is opening to scream...

... when recollection catches up with her panic. And then a fresh panic sets in as she sits up further, looking around wildly. White walls. Doctor equipment. The whites are visible all around her eyes as she glances to and fro in panic.

But there was no blood. No nothing. Clean white tent walls with clean equipment.

She looks back to Fell with her chest rising and falling in what is close to hyperventilation, everyone else in the room completely forgotten.

"Did I hurt anyone?" she demands in a tone that could only be accusatory, as if, somehow, if she had, it was all his fault.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Mason's concern immediatly gives way for panic and he nearly scrambles out of his chair assuming the worst. Thankfully Alice's faster reaction doesn't give him the time, so he merely rises a little too fast and tries to conceal his former motives by standing and speaking.

Mason's voice has returned to the controlled calm one uses when someone is upset, but he responds towards the emphasis of guilt placed towards him, he wears a slightly pained expression on his face while he answers.

"No, everyone is fine, yourself included."

Mason gestures at himself to demonstrate his unscathed apearence and then that of Deputy Director White and Dr. Kennigan.

"I came too to make sure, as did Deputy Director White. The only one of us sporting injury of any kind is the headache your gonna be enduring later. How are you feeling?"

Once confident that Alice is alright, Mason's eyes fade a little bit losing a touch of focus. To one observing him closely; while he is conversing he is also deep in thought. He reaches for the silver pendant that he wears over a much larger object half concealed by his collar; briefly touching it as if to remmind himself its still there.
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
Wolfman2006

Postby PoeticJustice » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:02 pm

She was trembling. Her eyes squeezed shut for a moment as her hands curled around the edge of the cot, the knuckles bone white as her arms quaked.

"Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus omnis satanica potestas-" she mumbled to herself, trying desperately to focus on the words. She stopped herself visibly, wincing again and then looking up at Fell with what might have been an apologetic expression. She turned her head to White, swallowing, her eyes still wide and kind of frantic.

"I'm done, right. I can go now? You did what you needed to do? I don't need to stay here? I can go?" her voice was maybe more aggressive than she intended, but the white knuckles clinging to the edge of the cot certainly betrayed the tension she was feeling. Her expression was somewhere between begging and demanding, fixed on the Deputy Director.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone