[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Doctor's Appointment

Doctor's Appointment

Re: Doctor's Appointment

Postby Mells » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Melanie shook her head she had dark circles under her eyes, clearly sleep deprived, but mustered enough energy to sound authoritative figuring that this was probably a good time to stop Sally and all his blathering.

"I'm not sure your blood is diesel fuel just yet Sally but I'm sure your are getting close to being a pickle. I question the need for you to even have a physical exam as I doubt any disease could survive in your blood stream with it's current alcohol levels. I think it's time to put a cork in that flask for a bit. Have some of this and sober up a bit would you?"

She hands a water bottle to him as she comes in and sits down to wait her turn for the exam, but decides not to let Sally off the hook.

"You know you should really have more confidence in peoples self awareness, not everyone has as little self control as you do." And then leaning around Sally and addressing the Marshal.

"I am sorry if he has offended you, he doesn't mean to be offensive."
Melanie Walker

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places." -Ernest Hemingway
Mells

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:29 am

Mason gives Melanie a exasperated look
"Its fine, its fine. He had too much to drink is all, why would that bother me? Who could stay mad at him anyways?"

Mason's forced euthisasm fails to hide his eagerness to move away from the conversation at hand. He extends a hand towards Melanie

"So um yeah, I am not sure we've ever formally met, have we? Deputy Marshall Mason Fell, anyone who talks to Sallie that was is a friend of mine."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:53 am

Sally gives a big, over-loud chuckle and says, "Why, Miss Mellie, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed like usual! Deputy Marshal Fell is a man to know, if you're into keepin' the peace and smoothin' the sailin'. And, man-oh-man, looks like I got two ladies keepin' me from turnin into a right pickle." He gladly takes her bottle of water, and chugs it down in three big gulps, "You'n Dr. Zinc seem to always show up, just when I need one of these!"

He points over to Dr. Zinc and says, "You might as well call Dr. Zinc Zoey-el, given that she's been my Guardian Angel in a lab-coat!"

For a moment, Sally looks between his 'Guardian Angel' and Mason in a trench coat, then gets a big, sideways grin and starts to open his mouth. But, one look at Mel's steady, weary eyes, and clamps his teeth shut. After another moment, he scratches at his bristly mutton chops, and asks of the room:

"What'd I come in her fer, again?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby cathy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:26 am

Zoey bonks Sally on the head, "I received permission to participate in the medical tests and as an extension I am allowed to allow you to participate in the tests since you are under my purview medically."

Zoey looks at Sally's (probably) blank face. "You are here because I told you to." She gives him a grin takes a new water bottle before dumping part of its' contents on his head and returning him the almost empty bottle. "There you go, feeling better?"

Zoey smiles at Antalya, "I am doing well. This guy keeps me very busy, but I find his wittiness somewhat refreshing compared to the consistencies of previous studies." She gives Sally a slight elbow nudge. "That doesn't give you permission to drink yourself into a coma for the record."

"Other than monitoring Sally, things are dull and secluded. There are only so many times you can review the same paperwork you know?"
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby Mells » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:33 am

Melanie Walker

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places." -Ernest Hemingway
Mells

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:40 pm

Sally considers his doctor's words for a long moment, seemingly unfazed by the water now running down his face, then finishes the second bottle.

"Doctor's orders, that's right- and PEDIALYTE, that shit's great fer a hangover!" he says, to no one in particular, before running his hands through his now soaked hair. "If I'm gonna lay off the Kentucky Cough Syrup for a bit, I'm assuredly gonna need some Elec-tro-lytes n' corn syrup. Man can't live on jerky and trail mix alone, ya ken."

Sally looks between Antalya and Dr. Zinc, rubs his stubbly chin, and asks, "Beg yer pardon there, Miss, but 've we met 'fore? You look awfully familiar. I get all sorts'a tunnel vision, like a dog on a steak, on occasion and my golldarn manners suffer for it."

He looks back to Dr. Zinc, and says, "An' hey, Doc, ain't it a bit weird to have somebody else doctorin' ya? That'd be like, like somebody else changin' yer oil, or swappin' out brake pads. I mean, that's gotta be a spot kooky, right? They don't let ya just, know-" he mimes what appears to be an injection and a stethoscope, but one can never be certain.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby Erica » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Antalya stands, her smile easy and friendly and offers Sally her hand.

"Antalya Walker," She nods over at Melanie, "No relation. I've seen plenty of your type in my time in the service. No trouble to me as long as I don't have to represent you for something you did stupid."
Ms. Antalya Walker, Esq.

"I will rain legal brimstone down on you so hard it will make God jealous."
Erica

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby cathy » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:20 pm

Zoey gives a small shrug. "It isn't uncommon to allow another doctor to conduct tests. Think of it as another pair of eyes. Except thier eyes are unbiased. I know how I feel and I know how my particular body works however if I were impaired by a drug that dulls my senses I would think everything is perfectly fine when in reality..."

Zoey gives a thumbs down and a small sad smile.

"Normally I would prefur another Advanced MedTech doctor. But this situation does not allow that. Besides, I am happy Dr. Ellie is conducting the exam, rather than a new party."

Zoey looks around the waiting area. "Who was next in line?"
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Sally bobs his head along to Dr. Zinc's answer. "Makes a bit of sense, that. Didn't give any thought to no mind-alterin' substances 'n such. Anyone heard of that sorta stuff floatin' round?"

Sally matches Dr. Zinc's frown for a moment. It's been a long while since he's been back to Kentucky, and he can't imagine that the pill-mills and meth labs have _decreased_ any since then.

Antalya's greeting snaps his back to reality, though.

Sally shakes Antalya's hand, "Pleasure to meet ya, ma'am. I'll have to let JD know that dere's more'n one 'Ms. Walker' abouts," he glances toward Mel. "Nine years in a uniform, and I managed to avoid the JAG fer all of 'em, so here's hopin' I can keep that streak. Though, these days, I do find myself in a messier spot than back then, form time to time..." he shakes head and grins at Dr. Zinc, "What branch didja look after, if ya don't mind me askin'?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone