[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Doctor's Appointment

Doctor's Appointment

Re: Doctor's Appointment

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Ellie quirks an eyebrow and glances over her lenses at her. "Welp, if some form like that exists, I sure don't have it. I just keep my head down and listen to what the guys dressed in hazmat-and-guns tell me. Plus, not sure they'd give me a stack of 'em to hand out myself. I'm a 'guest' too." Taking back the clipboard, she puts on a new chart with a snap. "Can I get your name?"
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby cathy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:51 pm

Zoeys' face pales a little listening to Sallys' description but she tries to keep up a brave face.

"I-I see..." Zoey pauses as her fingers twitch unconsiously.

"I do miss my dear computer and the frequent data updates it brought me. Most of all however, I wish I had my lab equipment. I know it was being sent after me so I hope it reached Whisper Hill safely. I am sure I will be very busy when we reach there."
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby Sally » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:38 am

Sally notices Dr. Zinc's pallor and says, his voice low, "Well Doc, the minute I get my gear- or anything approximatin' it- we'll see about gettin' you yours." He glances out the flap to the open world, and says, "I don't take kindly to folks treadin' on me, if you catch my drift, and sooner 'er later, this is gon' come to a head."

Shaking his head and clearing away the 1000-yard stare he has for that open area where snipers could pick them off, Sally is back to a big grin, "And don't you worry none 'bout no campin'. We got all sortsa shelters and power and such. Given the wide collection'a sundry characters about, we could get somethin' up and runnin' to fit yer city-girl needs," his voice drops again, "jus' assoon as there ain't guns pointed at us. On that there island, I saw folks spot-weldin', hack-a-whackin' hand com-puters, and we had a straight up engineer or two. With a little country in-gen-uity, I think we could whip somethin' up."

With yet another look at the door, "And if your 'quipment finds itself accosted, or iffen you find yourself in need of somethin' you ain't got, but our hosts do..." Sally raises his eyebrows and pats at his hip. "I've stayed under the hospitality of the federal guv'mint fer 9 years by choice, and these last 6 months ain't been by choice. A man might forget his manners in that time, ma'am."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby cathy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Zoey turns back to her smiley self and rolls her eyes playfully, a faint blush wisps her cheeks.

"Sally, you never aim to disappoint do you?" She composes herself however she retains her smile. "My actions are directly linked to Ms. Antalya with Dr. Ellie. She is the legal voice of Advance MedTech currently in this situation and without her consent to these procedures, my cooperation is void as well."

Zoey rubs the back of her head. "I am hoping to avoid a bump here, but without the proverbial 'green light' from legal, I cannot willingly consent to these tests." Zoey shrugs. "That is why she is going first."
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby Coco » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:06 pm

[GM Note: Due to the nature of forums and crunch time, I don't imagine we're going to get to anyone else after Antalya in this thread for exams before first game, though both Antalya and people "in the waiting room" are free to continue RP. If anyone else in the waiting room or otherwise would like to play out their exam, you may PM me at this or the Ellie Kennigan account so I can do them simultaneously. Unless I am specifically told a character is trying to avoid an exam--and you're welcome to send this message--Ellie will have performed an exam on all characters in quarantine before game on, April 4.

Edit: I will take these messages until Wed, April 2. After that, hooray! You showed up for your exams like a good monkey. :)]
Occam's Razor GM & PC Liaison -- coco@occamsrazorlarp.com
Fifth Gate's Callista Swan (Wrathborn)
Coco

Postby Erica » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Antalya smiles at the doctor.
"No, thank you," she replies.

The lawyer allows Dr Kennigan to do the physical exam, but declines to answer any questions or fill out any forms.
Ms. Antalya Walker, Esq.

"I will rain legal brimstone down on you so hard it will make God jealous."
Erica

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Ellie shrugs, unconcerned. She makes a long note on the chart. "As you like it. Y'don't want to tell me your allergies and other things, that's your business. Might consider otherwise before I have to treat you in Whisper Hill to avoid any adverse effects. 'Course you can see any of the other doctors that seem to've come in with the rest of folks, but I'm the only one with a clinic that I know of. Your choice. Not in the business of forcing medical care myself. Badgering, surely. Forcing, no."

Antalya's refusal to answer questions translates as "not feeling conversational" to Ellie, whether that's the case or not, so the doctor does the physical exam in professional silence, including the blood draw. Ellie sends her on her way at the end of the exam, marking the vial in clear capital letters, "A. WALKER."
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Sally » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:40 pm

As he listens to Dr. Zinc talk, it takes Sally a moment to catch on. His still-not-sober grin fades completely and he says, "Well, if they don't wanna listen to that hard-case military Law-yer and want to try and force the issue-" Sally jerks his head on his neck and pops his shoulders, sounding out a series of long craaaacks, "-then I guarantee you this, Doc, you ain't the only one gettin' bumped." Sally's scarred knuckles go white for a moment while he squeezes his hand into a fist to crack his knuckles, then looses his hands.

"Funny thing about the tac-tic-al armor them guards wear is that they work great fer bullets and blasts n' such. But, jus' cuz you trussed up like Batman don't make you Batman. Armor like that makes a man slower, makes a man more able to get grapp'd and torqued and twisted, and makes man morel like to get stabbed in the soft parts the plates don' cover."

Glancing at the exits, Sally goes on, "And, 's long as we stay in here, snipers ain't 'a much use. That means somebody's gotta draw down. Prolly countin' on the fact that most folk pucker up when they lookin' up a long-bore barrel. You think I flinch when somebody points a gun in my face enny more, doc?"

Sally's grin is humorless, a down home impersonation of a crocodile's.

"And if they dumb enough to loose a weapon when we all close quarters-like, then they dumb enough to get they arm broke. And then _they_ gun is _my_ gun. And, well, that's just a whole diff'rnt ball game, ain't it ? So, if they think they gonna muss one blonde hair on that purty, educated head o' yours, Doc, well, today's gonna end just as excitin' as it began."

Sally looks to exam room, and waits to see what will come of Lt. Walker's visit.

[Note to GM: Aye, aye!]
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Erica » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:12 am

Antalya stands and shrugs into her jacket.

"No offense, Doctor, but there is a lot of difference between seeing a physician and ....," she waves her hand around the tent. "this. It is all about who the client is, no?"

She gives Ellie a polite smile, nods to the others in the waiting room, and heads out of the tent.
Ms. Antalya Walker, Esq.

"I will rain legal brimstone down on you so hard it will make God jealous."
Erica

Previous

Return to Quarantine Zone