Quarantined in the new year

Re: Quarantined in the new year

Postby ronfiction » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:42 am

Lou listens to Vasily until his attention is drawn to Alice's sudden departure. He watches her go, tempted at first to fallow and check up on her, be decides he is the person for that job. He was just a simple janitor after all. He also hears Vasily's explaination of Alice and gives him a confused and slightly creeped out look before he give Kelsey a raised eyebrow in an effort to encourage her to steer the conversation back to any kind of normalancy.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby PoeticJustice » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:57 am

Alice and Vasily's exchange was kept in hushed whispers. Their body language shifts from aggressive to calm several times over the exchange, seeming to shift from calm conversation to argument and back in a matter of minutes. At one point Vasily sits down. At another Alice slips her coat down her shoulder and gestures to one of her tattoos.

In the end, Vasily is the one who walks away first, leaving Alice scowling grumpily after him with her arms crossed in front of her. She shoves her hands in her pockets and looks down before trudging back towards Lou and Kelsey slowly.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:11 am

Henry walks out the cafeteria with a pleasant smile on his face. If this was as far as he got towards having what many called a vacation, he was happy as the calms after the flood when booze happened his way. Hopefully no one happened across his brewery on a smoke break. Was it still considered bootlegging if it was done under the watchful eye of the F.B.I?

He straightened his hat before making his way towards the stairs. The world lurched around him hard suddenly. Henry veered towards on of the open chairs in case his eyes were about to go again. "Damn. Either I know how to make or I need to stop people start pissing napalm." Henry muttered. It wasn't until he looked around he notice the company.

"Happy Morning after, Lou." Henry said with nod.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby ronfiction » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:49 am

Lou's attention shifted from Kelsey to the new comer who called him by name. He looked the man over and gave a smirk. He knew a hang over when he saw one.

"Morning, coming out for some fresh air?"

He said and motioned out around him.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Owle Isohos » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Kelsey spends a moment staring after Alice and V, concern written on her face. She shrugs to Lou, opens her mouth, then closes it again as she realizes he's hoping for a bit of normalcy. That's when Henry walks onto the porch.

"Morning, Henry," she greets him, then turns back to Lou, belatedly answering his question.

"I wasn't on my way to Whisper Hill at all. Nick and I were on our way up to Montreal to work on a cold case, but our bus broke down on the island. Now, though, seeing all that I have, and seeing how everyone's headed there..." Kelsey can't help but smile. "Call me crazy, but I have to go and see what happens. Besides, Nick's seized onto this Milliner cold case; I think he plans to divert and investigate that even if I wasn't curious about what happens when all these people get into town."

She looks up as Alice starts trudging back. "You alright?" she asks softly, as soon as Alice is close enough to hear the question.
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby PoeticJustice » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Alice approaches, staring at her shoes. When Kelsey murmurs to her, she looked up in surprise. There was a moment of hesitation and then a small nod with a deep, almost confused frown. A moment of hesitation, and she nodded again, a little more confidently, although her eyes searched Kelsey's face intently.

When her eyes drifted further up, she noticed Henry. She immediately stiffened, shrinking backwards half a step as her hand snapped to her hip. She stared at Henry, studying him warily, every line of her body speaking of suspicion.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:26 pm

"Yah, had to get out of there for a while. Started forgetting what the sun looked like." He said to Lou looking up at the grey New Hampshire sky. Lucky for him the sky kept from joining in on adding to his misery. Seeing Kelsey there Henry smiled in greeting. "Morning, Kelsey!" A small voice of sobriety asked if he was a touch too happy given half the people he knew were trying to get their legs under them like Sally. It was a voice Henry happened to ignore.

When he saw Alice's reaction to his presence though he thought it best to heed the voice of common sense. "Hi." he said simply. Henry knew a troubled soul when he saw one. A rule of thumb was make as few loud noises as possible and even fewer sudden movements. Which was likely why his nose now threatened a sneezing fit.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Tempest » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:32 am

vasily sat back down in his seat. looking at the new guy not sure what to think of him yet .

hay how ya doing?

vasily continued to play with the radio that he produced from his backpack.
Brandon Harris

"This is not going to be a good day."

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby ronfiction » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:21 am

Lou's interest raises at Kelsey's mention of the missing person. A lot of people were looking into that, and it helped explain why so many people were coming to the area, at least in Lou's sheltered opinion. Maybe the senator had placed a reward for information about his missing daughter. That would make a lot of sense.

"Yeah, lots of folks are looking for that poor girl. Lots of woods around these parts to get lost in and a lot of people get lost in them. Not too many famous people though. Mainly because well, there aint too many famous people around these parts."

Lou said with a chuckle and motioned out to the ever present woods.

"I spent a lot of my youth hunting, fishing, and camping in these woods and I know for a fact I aint seen it all or even half of em. There's just so much wilderness out here. You can't tell where New Hampshire becomes Maine or The U.S becomes Canada. You know where Vermont is because of a big old river but other than that, it's all guess work."

Lou says, his voice taking on a tone of just a bit of reverence.

"You see shit up here you wont in Arlington."

He said and gave Kelsey a wink and a smirk.
ronfiction

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:06 am

Henry met Vastly's greeting with a quick, "Not bad, hows 'bout you?"

Hearing Lou bring up the missing person's case caught Henry's attention. He knew Kelsey and Sleet were looking for the Senator's daughter. Maybe that forensics lady on the outside as well. Were there others looking for her, too?

"I don't think its a matter of where one place starts the other begins. Billy in there gave some pretty cryptic bits about Whisper Hills. Mostly the sort of thing Eugene in there was trying to get across. A good rule of thumb is 'The One, Two, Three.' First time someone tells you something, it's a lie. Second time, its a rumor. Three times and you can just about bank on it."

Henry heaved tired sigh. It would be easier counting the people who might welcome roll out the welcome wagon for them. "Times like these I remember an important lesson in the world of science. Opposites attract. The negative will draw in the positive and visa-master card. I think what some people around here have to ask is are they the good drawn to a bad place or is it good place calling in the bad."

Henry nodded off for a second before shaking himself awake again. He stretched with a long yawn before seeing what Vastly was tickering with. "Have you got a tune out that thing yet?"
Henry Gondorf

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone