Quarantined in the new year

Re: Quarantined in the new year

Postby Tempest » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:01 am

vasily scowled down at the radio intently.

na I can make things work to save my life. I would like to but its a bit broken.

vasily chuckled at his own broken comment. looking up at henry

you any good at fixing this machine crap?
Brandon Harris

"This is not going to be a good day."

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:36 am

Alice inched closer slowly, keeping her eyes on Henry. When he addressed her, she hesitated before inclining her head.

"Hi," she murmured shyly, slipping around to perch on the edge of the porch. Sitting in a chair would make it difficult to keep everyone in her field of vision, so she just leaned against the wall and watched. Henry's comment made her frown slightly.

"But good and evil are social constructs, just like right and wrong," she said quietly. "Traditionally, things are evil because they oppose your view point, or good because they stand up to that opposition. To say a... place is good or evil..." she frowned, her voice trailing off as if lost in thought.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby ronfiction » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:27 pm

As Alice and Henry exchanged deeper thoughts Lou's attention was drawn to something more his speed. He saw Vasily fiddling with his radio and gave it a quick look over. He moved over to his tool box and rummaged through it for a moment and pulled out a small clump of copper wire, and a 9 volt battery.

"Let's take a look at that."

Lou said and started to work on the radio. He opened up the back panel and replaced some frayed and old wires. He cleaned up some of the metal in the back with a clump of steel wool and then put the new battery in. While he worked he tried his best to add to the conversation.

"Well, a place can't be good or bad, only the things there can be good or bad. A place is just a place without things or people. I mean, I guess a place can have crappy weather, but weather isn't evil. I guess."

Lou says and pauses for a moment. He pulls out a screw driver and tightens up a screw and then clicks on the radio to a staticy channel.

"That should hold for at least a little while."
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Henry shrugged his shoulders. His buzz was fading away now leaving him a fading buffer between himself and the here and now. "I ain't got much proof to back me up on this. Hell most who just stick to the talk shows might have a better idea than me. All I have is what I have seen. And so far little in this place cares to prove me wrong."

Henry looked over Lou's shoulder at his attempts to repair the radio. "Hmm, I think I might have some wiry bits kicking around in my bag. If you need'em just ask."

Henry turned back to Alice. "Hate to say it but I think there is room in this world for two ways of looking at things. You are right though. People have their way of looking at the world. The world doesn't seemed to mind reserving the right to its own opinion."

" How else you explain why churches are empty but you barely find an open space on the floor in Vegas?'"
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:02 pm

"Are churches empty?" she met his gaze steadily and then shrugged down the arm of her coat. Underneath, she had intricate tattoos of latin script to the elbow. Beneath that was a tattoo of a candle wrapped in a circle, which she tapped as if it explained everything.

"Perhaps we run in different circles," she murmured, shrugging up her coat to around her shoulders again and then looked down at the paper she had abandoned, leaning forward to grab it off the table and folding it up to put it in the pocket of her jacket.
PoeticJustice

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Henry shrugged.

"The ones I go to always seem that way. Only ones there those wanting out of the cold or waiting for the Ald'mighty to pick up on the other line. As for running in circles, I think it best never to hold with one group too long. Make others think you have some wise ideas going on when all you really want to know is who was on first." He explained.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:48 pm

"I know where I'm going," she shrugged quietly, rubbing over the part of her sleeve covering the candle. "I'm just still figuring out how to get there..." she frowned, staring off as if lost in thought. And then her eyes snapped into focus and on Henry's face.

"I don't know your name. Mine is Alice..." she said, studying him intently and frowning softly.
PoeticJustice

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:35 am

"Henry Gondorf, professional pain." He said as he tipped his cap. "I remember you from the party. You got swept in here with that Genetics lady with bright hair and a few others."

Henry smiled at himself as he recalled their brief conversation. "I think you dropped in on a funny little talk between myself and two others. I mean to thank you for that though. You came up with pretty little tension breaker there."
Henry Gondorf

Postby PoeticJustice » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:53 am

"I..." she frowned and considered. "We came in separately, but the timing was similar, yes. I was alone when the men with guns found. If others were there..." she stopped herself abruptly, perhaps reconsidering what she was going to say. She looked down.

"I am sorry. I met... a lot of people last night. I am not.... good at a lot of people..." she looked uncomfortable, frowning gently and shifting from foot to foot.
PoeticJustice

Postby Owle Isohos » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Kelsey smiles when she sees that Alice is okay; she was getting worried about the other woman. She looks back as Alice studies her, open and puzzled, but no longer afraid that violence might occur. Then Lou speaks, and she turns her attention back to the conversation.

"You don't know half the shit I've seen in Arlington!" she says with a grin. Then she shakes her head, sobering a bit. "I'll grant you, though, I've seen more weirdness on that island in two days than I've seen in a month anywhere else. If Whisper Hill is worse..."

The investigator trails off, watching the exchange between Henry and Alice.

"If it's any comfort, I don't think the churches here are going to be empty," Kelsey assures the tattooed woman. "I've met more priests and holy men here than I have in my life. Where are you headed?"

She wanted to offer her help in getting there, but considering the circumstances, none of them really had much of a means of transport.
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone