Quarantined in the new year

Re: Quarantined in the new year

Postby Henry Gondorf » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:04 pm

Henry shrugged. "I look at it like this: If I fail to enlighten those who I think are decent I may play hopscotch with certain lines when the need arises, how will I convince you fine folks there might have been a reason for such a transgressions? There is rarely a fall as hard as the first time you topple off the pedestal others place you on. It is worse when people feel betrayed." He fixed his cap lower on his head to help keep the sun out of his eyes. "I would rather be known as a rapscallion than a phony hero. There are enough of those in the world as is." Henry said with a tired smile.

"Besides, just because nice folks ask does not mean I always have to tell."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Brett » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:30 am

"Is that a working radio?"

Brett emerges from his self imposed sabbatical to gently approach the group. Long sleeves, black cap, and the same bulky photographer's vest he always wears, although it's obvious he's late for his five O'clock shadow, maybe half past ten at this point. In hand is the the same print from the party, stories circled with lines and chicken scratch with theories even more bizarre.

"That awesome, maybe we can get some decent music in here, some CCR, or Seger, maybe even a little Jackson Browne!"
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby PoeticJustice » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:21 am

Alice only raised her eyes to passively level them on Henry as he spoke. She studies his expression and body language intently, a spark of curiosity in her normal frowning face. And then she shrugged and looked back down.

"You make a lot of assumptions," she murmured, without any anger or judgement obvious in her voice. She mostly just spoke like she was stating a fact, idly fiddling with the ends of her scarf. Her eyes closed and her mouth began to move silently,

And then Brett's voice broke her quiet and she was on her feet, startled, hand reaching towards her hip. But she saw him and her eyes narrowed, studying him intently for a few seconds before calming. There was a level of recognition and she resumed her seat.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:22 am

"Sorry, force of habit. Make enough Assumption and one's bound to be right." Henry replied. His tired smile remained.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby PoeticJustice » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:35 am

Alice cracked a small smile at that, looking up at Henry with genuine look of amusement. She looked back down at her lap. And then over at Brett.

"Did you figure anything out about the paper?"
PoeticJustice

Postby Brett » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:52 am

Brett sighs, smiling to Alice.

"Other than that the guy is a straight shooter with a thing for ciphers I got nothing, codes aren't exactly my bag."

*He removes his cap for a moment rubbing his head, a shimmer of tinfoil is visibly formed into the cap, shiny side out of course, no more than needed. That would be wasteful!*

"Once we're out of Club Fed I plan to meet this guy face to face and see how he does it, Big Brother's awfully good at keeping this stuff on the down low, the fact he nailed it on the head has me intrigued. Maybe fill in some gaps as to how it all ties together, plans within plans, who's pulling the strings. It's all a wonderful game of Truth and Lies... I love it!"
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby Tempest » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:18 pm

vasily shifts uncomfortably.

hay lou ill talk to ya later to many people around for my likening. makes my skin crawl.
thanks for the fix on the radio I might have to borrow a bigger antenna.

vasily quickly gathers his stuff and briskly walks towards the direction of the medical tent.
Last edited by Tempest on Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brandon Harris

"This is not going to be a good day."

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby Owle Isohos » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm

"See you later, V," Kelsey says amiably as Vasily heads off for the medical tent. She frowns a bit in concern when she realizes his destination, then shrugs. He probably knew what he was doing.

"Do you know who wrote it?" she asks Brett with interest. "How'd he even sneak them into Club Fed in the first place? You gotta introduce me sometime."

Then she shakes her head at Henry, smiling. "If you answer like that every time you get asked a question, you won't need to stay silent. I understood the words, but heck if I know what you meant by the first bit of all that." She chuckles. "Still, I've managed not to judge any of us who ended up here. I don't see why I should start now. So I'll promise not to put you up on a pedestal, if you promise not to act like you belong on one!"
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:03 pm

Henry opened his arms to the side plaintively. "The only stool I belong on is the one in the corner. Besides, take it from a professional anti-social, social drinker: Nine times out of ten be try not to mind a man when he's in his cups...and have a bucket handy just in case."

He watched Vastly excuse himself from the group. Henry offered him a friendly wave as he left. Once more odd duck for the flock. Hearing Brett's excitement over the newspaper Henry tried to recall if he got a hold of it. All he rightly remembered was a gathering of the smarter folks in a room scratching their heads until one of them had a spark of insight. And all over a cipher at the bottom of the page.

"The funny thing about coded messages is most times people over think them. There is no point in creating a code no one but the maker can understand. Does anyone still have the paper around with bit at the bottom intact?" Henry asked.
Henry Gondorf

Postby PoeticJustice » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:31 pm

"I do," Alice said quietly without opening her eyes. It seems she'd closed them to listen to the people talk, head cocked very gently to the side as if listening to something spoken very quietly.
PoeticJustice

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone