Quarantined in the new year

Re: Quarantined in the new year

Postby PoeticJustice » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:48 pm

It took a moment for Alice to realize that she's being addressed and she straightens a bit when she does. Her hand rubs over the candle again.

"Just to Whisperhill," she murmured quietly. "I... Father Ashmore is my spiritual advisor," she said, as if by rote. "I'm going to be working with him to..." she frowned deeply, clearly running over several ways to finish that sentence. "... help with the various charitable organizations he's a part of. Several of my former associates think that he can help... achieve peace..." she glowered at this last part, shifting uncomfortably from one foot to the other. She didn't seem to exactly want the peace that was promised, or perhaps there was some deeper frustration going on.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:07 pm

Henry chuckled at the mention of the army of holy men and women present. He was struck by an image of the first unlucky sot to wander in looking for trouble instead find themselves in the middle of a bad joke. The police report would be a hoot as well. Officer I do swear to you that Father Patrick was only trying to save the man's immortal soul. He just confused the rites of absolution with the rites of the old woodshed.

"I have a feeling its not going to be the trip from Whisper Hills that will be hard. The way Eugene makes it sound they may very well train up their pooches to take us out on a dogsled. It is going to the sticking around that's gonna be the real trick." Henry offered to Kelsey.

It was not until after finished he realized how tense Alice seemed to become. His good mood died down as he kicked himself for not minding himself. These were nice enough people meaning well. Sometimes it hard to forget to drop the act new faces. He tried not to read too far into her turmoil. Everyone had their right to face their troubles or give them a slip for a while longer.

"A man that can bring peace is good egg in my book. The trick I learned about that elusive little rabbit called Peace is that it always comes in time. The hardest part is being willing to wait until the damn thing hops up to your door." Henry said with a smile. "Lucky for me, work helps pass the time."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Owle Isohos » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:34 pm

She nods to Henry. "Yeah, I get that feeling, as well. At least the Sheriff seems kindly disposed towards us, or I'd worry about a lynch mob forming up." Kelsey shakes her head, then turns to Alice.

"Father Ashmore seems a good man," she says, after studying Alice for a long moment. The investigator is curious, but decides not to pry - Alice seems to be having a hard enough time with the conversation without anyone asking probing questions. "I've been thinking about offering my help to him myself, but...well, I'm no preacher or anything. I think there's gotta be something out there, but heck if I know what it is."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby PoeticJustice » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:46 am

"You do not need to have any specific belief to offer your assistance to Father Ashmore. He is involved with CCIFA, which is always happy for help regardless of creed or faith or any of that. It only requires a desire to do good..." she said the worlds as if reading them off the back of a pamphlet, clearly memorized. "My relationship with religion is... complicated at best," she admitted quietly. "But if you want to help people... that will be good enough for him."

She stared out into the air for a few moments, clearly lost in thought or maybe memory. She stares into the middle distance as her fingers move gently, almost as if counting something before she shook her head and looked over to Henry.

"What do you do for work?"
PoeticJustice

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:25 am

"It always pays to hedge your bets. You never know when a good word will come in handy." Henry offered.

"I'm in the mix with Kelsey here," Henry offered to Alice, "I was supposed to be on vacation but well, that went tah hell in a hand basket."

"I would offer to join the father in his effort but..." Henry tried to think of a nice way to put things, "I tend to worry the white hats after a time. Curiosity get the better of them and they end up asking those pesky little questions. It beats the hell out of friendships, I can tell you that much."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby ronfiction » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:43 pm

Once done repairing the radio, Lou fiddles with the tuner in an effort to find a radio station that worked. He knew that whisper hill was mostly a dead zone but tried to get something. When father Ashmore came up in conversation a few times Lou's interest peak.

"Oh, I didn't know you knew father Ted."

Lou said to Alice, while he gave up on the radio.

"Good guy, my mother loved his masses down in Berlin. Went every Sunday, and I... Went when I could."

He said with a chuckle.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Tempest » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:52 am

vasily was following all the conversation with half interest. to much was happening to fast around him. it was obvious vasily was not doing well as he rubbed his eyes.

how goes the radio lou

vasily puts on his sunglasses and puts his hood up.
Brandon Harris

"This is not going to be a good day."

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby Owle Isohos » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:47 am

Kelsey smiles at Alice. "I'll ask him about it, then. With all that's going on around here, I figure another pair of hands can't go amiss. Thank you."

She raises her eyebrows at Henry. "You know, if you don't want people asking questions, you shouldn't go around making intriguing statements like that."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby PoeticJustice » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Alice watched Henry with a steady level gaze and then gave a small knowing smile and looked down. "I worry most people after a time," she murmured softly. She settled sitting on the porch, her back to the wall of the building, pulling a knee to her chest.

The rest of the statements were met with passive nods, looking down at the ripped knees of her jeans, which she fiddled with gently. She did give a faint smile when Lou talked about Ashmore, reaching up to push some loose hair behind her ear and then adjust her scarf. The smile faded as she looked deep in thought, her head bowing.
PoeticJustice

Postby ronfiction » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Lou slides the radio over to Vasily and taps it on it's top.

"I jury-rigged it for you. It should work for a little bit, problem is finding a station that comes in as something other than static. Most of Whisper hill is a dead zone. Brelin gets a few stations, maybe if you get a bigger antenna you can get something. I know of a great country station."

Lou says and smiles while looking over those around.

"Maybe you could get something else. Who knows."
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone