[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Re: Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Postby sndwurks » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:46 am

"I won't be falling on my own sword," says Billy, making a comical face and grinning. "It's all about making them feel over confident, you know? It's about making them overreach. First thing I learned about fist fights... make them reach for you, and throw them off balance. Then kick them in the balls."

And with that, Billy slides his rook horizontally until it rests in front of Henry's king, one row from the edge of the board and protected by Billy's knight.

"Check."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:41 am

Henry backs his king into the far corner of the board away from the Rook.

"Hate to break it to you, Billy, but after the island you may want to look before you go for the extra point. " Henry made short work of his apple before digging the seeds out with his little finger. He then ate the rest of the core as well. "Trust me when I say I have yet to find a case where things settled with a idiot getting close enough to put his head through the wringer. There are too many fools out there paid to make those kind of moments meaningless. That does make me wonder what kind of death benefits those jobs provide for next of kin though." Henry wondered until his face went blank with realization. "I mean just look at the forest of dead bodies that Twit with a Licence to Kill left behind. He might as well have left the bad guy win rather than bankrupt the world trying to make companies pay out all that dough."

"Holy hell, that would be the perfect Nemesis for the end movie. No real plot just a calm bastard with three legions worth of henchmen with multi-million dollar packages set to empty the economy should even a forth die. I would pay to watch that prick sneak through a building without cracking wise while his lab rat sat at a terminal trying to null and void all the plans." Henry said.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:43 pm

"And that's why I stick away from the big picture," says Billy with a shrug. "Once all you can see is the forest, not the trees? You'll never find anything. Keep your eyes on the details. The guy who left the forest full of bodies? Hit my reservation with napalm. That got me angry. The fact that no one on the council cared? Means there's nothing I can do about it. So I put it aside. Focus on the job at hand. Get through tomorrow. Get closer to where I need to be."

Billy advances his Queen diagonally one step, bringing it in line with Henry's last night.

"Do the job you get paid for, because the world is full of big nasty things with teeth and they'll all take a bite out of you if they get the chance."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:38 am

Henry moves his left most pawn two spaces forward.

"Hey Billy, that reminds me. Does Whisper Hill's have a bar? I'm curious to know how that kind of thing gels out with your counsel. Also I realize now the absence of one might expedite a exodus over to The Booby Hatch ."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:05 am

"I wouldn't rightly call it a bar, but if you're looking for a place to get liquored up, I know a few basements..." offers Billy with a chuckle. He shrugs. "I didn't find one while I was there, but I imagine that there is one that the locals go to. And don't talk to outsiders about."

He advances his queen, taking Henry's knight, and leans back for a moment. He evaluates the board, scratching lightly at the scar on his temple. Finally, he cants his head to the side and glances at Henry.

"This time, I'm pretty sure that's actually checkmate," he offers.
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 am

Henry nodded in agreement with the pronouncement.

"Yup. That will do it." Henry said as he extended his hand across the near empty board, "Hell of a game there."
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:56 am

"Yeah, you really capitalized on my mistake," says Billy with a chuckle. He glances up from the board, and extends his hand over it towards Henry. "Just curious, though... did you actually not see your checkmate move? Or did I actually manage to bluff you out of taking it?"

Billy shrugs faintly.

"Either way, it was a good match."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Henry rose from his seat to let another sit in. He picked up his plate of breakfast with a knowing smile.

"Honestly? I was going on a wing and prayer. I remember how the pieces move and to call check when going after the king. Aside from that..." Henry stated as he took a seat nearby.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:41 pm

Setting the board back up, Billy rises as well. He chuckles and gives a shrug.

"For someone who barely knew the game, you played really well," he admitted. "Now, if you'll excuse me... I have to go annoy someone about getting us a Playstation. Or maybe one of those new Nintendos. The ones with the website devoted to the injuries it causes? Yeah."

He picks up his hat, and places it back on his head. He tips it to Henry and Kelsey, and then heads out of the Cafeteria.
sndwurks

Postby liahgeron » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Gil walks into the cafeteria and taps loudly on a table with his knuckles.

"Hey folks! Can I get you to listen up for a second? Won't be but a moment.

So, as you are all probably aware, we're kinda stuck here with little to no to do. As you might not be aware, my graduate funding has a set time limit. My graduate project primarily has to do with setting up a class to teach medieval Scottish claymore techniques in a traditional style to better understand the social dynamics involved. However, I'm running out of time to get things done. Since I don't have all my equipment for that main part, I'm going to skip a few steps and run one of my comparison projects that was going to wait till next April. They let me take in my padded boffer weapons, so, if any one is interested, I'm going to try and run a modern "study group" style lesson for basic longsword techniques both practical and theatrical every other afternoon out on the main lawn until it gets too cold for that. No costs involved, just a waiver to let me use my observations, names and details omitted, for my thesis. All experiences levels and kinds welcome. If you could pass the word around the camp, that would be lovely as well. I'd really appreciate if a number of you would join me: the more of you come, the happier the professors on my committee. Thanks for your time and I'll be outside setting up."

Gil waves and heads back out the door.
liahgeron

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone