Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Re: Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Postby Eugene Jackson » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:11 am

A tall man in ripped up jeans with bright red suspenders lumbers into the Cafeteria making a straight shot to food and coffee. He fixes himself some oatmeal and makes his way toward the crowd sitting around the checker/chess board.

"Hey theya, mahnd if Iah joen you folks?" His thick Maine accent is impossible to miss. He offers a big goofy smile and takes a long sip of his coffee as he stands, waiting for a response.
Eugene Jackson

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Henry calls from across the room.

"Step right up there. No objections here."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Eugene Jackson » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:37 pm

"Ah Larry, gud tah see yah theya!"

Eugene plops down into a seat unceremoniously. He sets to stirring his oatmeal casually while engaging the man.

"Ah trust yeh slep well." He blows on his oatmeal and continues in his thick accent.
"Yah know, Ai had a bit teh drink and musta made an ass uh mahself, Ai baely know a bit aboutchya!"
Eugene Jackson

Postby Sally » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:47 am

Sally peels himself off the floor and realizes he's been face-down on the kitchen tile since whenever he stumbled away from the party. His mouth is full of cotton, it seems, and an iron spike has nestled itself right between his eyes. When he gets to his feet, a cauldron of grease swishes in his belly, as if to say 'good morning.'

Worst of all, his flask is at his feet, empty and open.

At the sound of Eugene's drawl, he steps into the kitchen proper and says,

"Fer the love of all things right and holy, somebody tell me dere's coffee."

Sally runs two shaky hands over his face and pulls up a stool. The lights are too bright, the voices too loud, and every motion sends a quivery tremor through his body.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Eugene Jackson » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:06 am

Eugene can't help but give a knowing smile hearing the pained tone through the southern accent.

"Ya just maight fahnd yehself a cup Sally boy if ya wondah ovah theya"
Realizing his voice is, as ever, slightly on the boisterous side, the man throws a hoarse whisper in Sally's direction. "Should ya see three coffee pot's, aim feh the middle one"
Eugene jabs his elbow playfully into Harry's side and allows himself the guilty pleasure of a muffled chortle.
Eugene Jackson

Postby Henry Gondorf » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:09 pm

Henry shot a rueful look to the ceiling at Eugene's greeting. When no booming laughter came, Henry headed over to the table where Billy left his board. Seeing Sally's blight Henry refrained from offering him breakfast. No need to prime a sewer line before the way was clear.

Henry picks Sally's flask up from the floor and sets on a nearby table. It was doubtful buy why risk it getting kicked under a wall.

"What strikes your fancy there, Gene?" Henry asked. He doubted the smile he wore would have fooled Stevie Wonder.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Owle Isohos » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:33 pm

Kelsey smiled at Sally and Eugene, but stayed quiet while she finished off her breakfast. Done with her food, she returned the dishware to the kitchen and untied her coat from around her waist.

"I'm going to go get some fresh air. Good talking with you."

So saying, she made her way to the porch.
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Sally » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:45 pm

Sally heeds Eugene's advice and wobbles over to the middle coffee pot, and fills two cups, leaving them black. As he returns to where Eugene and Henry have set up, notices his flask, and sets his steaming salvation before it. Manages to keep his hands from shaking long enough to avoid burning himself with coffee.

"Whoever stilled that Jap-an-ese 'rotgut' and set it out last night has marked hisself as the truest monster 'round these 'ere parts."

Sally pats down his MOLLE vest, swatting at the various empty ammunition pouches, and comes up with a winner. One of the bottles of beer that Vlk had been brewing.When Cosgrove's buddies were napalming the forests and droppin' Hellfires, Vlk had the presence of mind to drag his cooler with him. Bless that man. Sally sets the bottle of beer down between the two mugs of coffee- hair of the dog that bit you, and all - and looks over to the two men:

"Many thanks to ya, gentlemen. What's goin' on in our little internment camp?"

Sally tips his mug to Kelsey before downing half a cup of coffee.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:14 pm

"Eh..been called a lot worse for a lot less." Henry said with a shrug. "At least I got most of the blue crap out before I started brewing." He finished his apple before loosing his tie. Rolling his skully cap into itself then stuffing it in his pocket, Henry got comfortable on his perch.

"The happenings, if you can call it such, is watching everyone recover after last night. If the Agent in charge aimed to take the mustard out of everyone's cabin fever, I have to say mission accomplished. It is hard as hell to remember why you're ready to climb the walls when you can't remember why you woke up with a party hat on, covered in confetti."
Henry Gondorf

Postby Sally » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:57 am

"Mr. Gondorf, I reckon you're on to somethin' there," Sally says, running his hands through his hair to find a good amount of confetti, and the string of a party hat worked into his headband. He chugs back the last of his first mug of coffee, starts the second for a moment, then says, "Fer the record, ya got my thanks for strainin' out whatever blue sludge was and fixin' up that batch of Okinawan Death Water. Ya gotta excuse my coarse manner in the mornin', 'till I top-off my tank (to say it polite-like), I tend to put dese here size 15s in my mouth more than is appropriate."

Sally takes a breath, finishes the second cup of coffee, and absently goes for Vlk's bottle of beer. With a quick rap against the side of the table, he gets the top off and kicks back a draught.

"Ya mind fillin' in the blank spots of last night while my head gets right with Jesus?" Sally asks, wipin the back of his mouth. "Last thing I remember is ol' Mr. White Noise sayin' 'You're not even going to remember this conversation...' and then-"

Sally's face falls into a blank stare as Vlk's beer settles in his belly. Somewhere in the bottom of his head, beneath the sour foam of stale, warm beer, a fire lights. In that flame, shadows start to form in his head- shadows of something 8 feet tall.

Shadows of something with enormous meat cleavers in each hand.

Shadows of something-

"Wait just a golldarn minute!" Sally says, lurching to his feet, eyes wide. He chugs the last of Vlk's beer, scans the room, and says, "That big fucker's a LOCAL GOLLDAMN LEGEND." He steps away from Eugene and Henry, thinks better and says,

"Pardon me for just a spell, gentlemen, the game is fixin' to be on!" Thhe little fire in the bottom of Sally's head has lit him up all the way and gives the Herny and Eugene emphatic thumbs-up before charging off.

Sally bounds across the room, half-stumbling his way to where Mason is humped over his notebook.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone