[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Re: Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:15 pm

Henry moves his remaining knight into action trying to bring his remaining forces to bear.

"Hey, how do you think spies did it in the old days? Flashy suits and sport cars? The ones you hear about screwed up and got caught. The ones that make things happen are never heard from again. Not even when they come home, grow old and die. It is always a few years after when a son in law is looking to make room for a man cave he finds these weird old records hidden in the wall." Henry said.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:28 am

"Personally, I don't really spend much time thinking about spies," says Billy simply, moving his own knight into a prominent position next to Henry's queen. It is still guarded by the pawn, which is in turn guarded by the King. The board is much sparser than it was at the start of the game, and each move is made with deliberation.

"I don't look harmless, and I'm not harmless," he admits. "But I'm far from even the average of what I saw on that island. Makes me kind of nostalgic for tracking down dead beat dads, cheating wives, and credit card fraud."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:19 pm

Henry drew his last Rook out of holding in line with Billy's King.

"Check," Henry Said. "Well, what I meant with the spies was there is benefits to being inconspicuous. It is hard to hide when you are the only strange one present. Here in the land of lost toys though I think it's going to hard to hide how plain a person is."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:59 pm

And Billy pushes his King back behind his Pawn without surrendering any significant protection.

"Then I'm basically screwed," says Billy with a wry chuckle. "Because aside from being Aquinaki and a shaman, I'm basically about as normal as they come. Probably can add a bit of boring, and obstinate to that as well, especially if you talk to my ex-wife."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:53 pm

Henry advances his second pawn from the left two spaces.

"Einstein put it best when it came to things like normalcy and happiness. 'It's all relative.' " Henry said with a smile.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Billy slides his Queen's rook out to wait in line with his threatened knight, and shakes his head.

"If demons, undead, and gun-toting maniacs ever becomes my normal, I am going to have to seriously rethink my life choices," he comments with a bemused chuckle.
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:03 pm

Henry moves the pawn behind his Queen forward.

"Well, it could be worse. There might be a guy here so evil he can't even laugh. All he can say is 'maniacal laugh, maniacal laugh.' I think I would set the world speed record for fastest mile if I heard about a guy like that."
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:31 pm

Billy stares at the board in a long silence. His brow furrows deeply, and he breathes in and out slowly. Then, he tilts his head to the side and smiles. It's an odd sort of smile, a smile like someone who knows a secret not unlike the ones he was talking about earlier. Leaving his knight in peril, Billy slides out his King's rook until it is in line with one of Henry's pawns. And his king.

Glancing up from the board, Billy blinks, still smiling.

"What did you say?" he asks, a little sheepishly. "Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention just then."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:03 am

Henry moves his Knight in front of Billy's Knight.

"Nothing really. I think I just committed comedic homicide." Henry said.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:26 am

"Is that where you make someone laugh to death, or the sort where you kill someone in a way that illustrates the grand cosmic joke of life?" inquires Billy as he advances his King's rook forward until it is lateral to Henry's queen.
sndwurks

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone