[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Re: Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Postby sndwurks » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:53 pm

Frowning slightly, Billy hooks his knight back and to his right, bringing it alongside his pawn carefully. He glances towards Samantha, and shrugs.

"Using violence isn't something to be ashamed of," he advises quietly. "Using violence when there were other options at hand? That's something to be ashamed of. But I hear what you're saying, about people being trigger happy. It was like walking into a gun and sword owners convention back on that island."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 am

Henry advances his remaining bishop to the forward pawn.

" 'It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of non-violence to cover impotence.'' Henry quoted. "That Gandhi had a odd way of getting things done but damned if it didn't work. I think he had something there, though. Would you have felt any better if you did not pull the trigger and allowed harm to come to another person? Or would you have been asking yourself was there anything you could have done?"

He turned to the thoughtful Vanessa with a easy grin. "Though I must admit, it did sometimes feel like we were caught in the middle of a Fireworks Factory at war with a Munitions plant next door. By the way has anyone's ears stopped ringing yet?"
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 am

Billy swings his other knight out into the second rank, taking up a position in front of where his Queen started.

"I prefer talking to people over shooting people," the private investigator says simply. "But, some people and some things you can't talk to. And that's a problem."
Last edited by sndwurks on Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sndwurks

Postby Owle Isohos » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:58 pm

Kelsey nods her agreement to Billy. "I'd have loved to talk to some of the people shooting at us, if they'd have stopped shooting long enough to talk," she says earnestly. "Problem is, they didn't. Makes me kind of glad everyone seemed to have weapons on them. Made my little pistol look like a pea shooter."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Henry Gondorf » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Henry pushed his seat back from the table and stood. "When tensions run high people adopt a kind of last man standing tell the story habit. I hate to say it but after a couple years snooping through other peoples garbage cans its a hard truth to ignore."

Henry stretched out his arms and legs with a groan. "I need a quick restroom break." A low growl came from his person. "And maybe an apple." Henry said before making his way over to the food table.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Henry returns with a half eaten apple and a plate of small snacks after his jaunt to the restroom. He takes his seat at the board. After a brief moment, Henry brings his Queen out to challenge Billy's King.

"Check."
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:25 am

And with a simple push forward, Billy slides his pawn between his king and Henry's Queen. He lifts his cup to sip at the last of the coffee, and rises to his feet.

"Time for a refill myself," he announces. He glances over at Kelsey. "Personally, I've always found it more powerful to know when to not to shoot. You'd be surprised how many people hesitate to attack an unarmed person. Of course, that doesn't apply to animals... but that's why I try to focus on people. They, usually, can be reasoned with."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:34 am

Henry nods to Billy's point. It is hard to gauge a threat you can't see.

Henry moves his Queen across to take Billy's forward Pawn. The Queen remains in striking distance to the King. "Check."
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:07 am

Billy's own reply is fast, moving his King sideways. It is followed by another check from Henry, this time from his bishop. Billy pulls his bishop back to block it. Bishop takes bishop. Pawn takes bishop. And now, Billy lets out his breath slowly staring at the board. He glances back up at Henry, lifting a brow.

"I really need to play this game more," he says simply. "And not against my cellphone. I swear, that computer cheats."
sndwurks

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Kelsey nods to Billy. "Probably why I got out of there as unharmed as I did," she says quietly, glancing down into her coffee. "I look relatively harmless, and I don't like the idea of shooting anyone. I prefer fixing people up to damaging them."

She looks up, peering over at the chess board. "I'm lucky I still remember how all the pieces move."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone