Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Re: Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Henry eyed the bag before taking a whiff. It was not hard to imagine by this point that the sodium had bonded to the chips on an atomic level. "You would think with the job market being so poor a wise man would figure out how to make a buck checking expiration dates." Henry pulled the bag closer in acceptance but refrained from pulling any out.

"I'd just enjoy a break in the tension. Every since what happened to the girl I've had a bad feeling. I heard about a social experiment done in one of the those respectable teaching establishments. Students made into either crooks or cops at random. The whole thing went sideways fast.

"The point is: even though these guys are the real deal, I wonder where their heads are at these days." Henry said as he pulled his pocket watch out for a gander. He cracked a grin. "At least they let us keep our own timepieces."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Brett » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:20 pm

Lost in thought for what seems like days, he snaps back to reality a few moments later.

People given power tend to want it, or grow to like it man that's the killer. All of a sudden you have a job to do, the little things like morals and reason don't have to matter when you've got a job to do.

He picks up the salt and pepper shakers, unscrewing them to check for listening devices, to no avail. Either they're smarter than they look, or dumber.

ClubFed is a holding pattern, they might not know what to do with us, here to look for the little senator's kid that vanished is a great cover story. The problem is...

"How did they know to come in with Hazmat suits, and why wasn't Deputy Dawg wearing one?"

"It's a mixed message, if they all came in Hazmat, then they knew about the "spill". If none of them knew about the spill, they would be in plain clothes, the mix? Doesn't add up if they really thought we were contaminated. Especially with Dawg not wearing one..."

"We're all still accounted for so it's not extermination, we can reach out to the outside world so we're not isolated, and they are enforcing a single bloodtest to the point of violence. it's just... it doesn't make any sense if you take each idea to its logical conclusion. A bunch of half-assed measures that are keeping the kids in the playpen. They will be letting us out soon enough, but the angle isn't apparent yet."
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:11 pm

"Well," Henry said with a start as the silence broke, "I can see why The Director wasn't wearing a suit. It is hard as hell not to resist confinement when everyone you talk to has a mirror for a face. I guess we can thank Rod Sterling for helping demonstrate that much. As for why everyone else is walking around like a storm trooper...I can only guess they figure anyone without a suit is collateral damage done."

"They may even think The Director managed piss in the wrong suit's Cheerio's and this is a clean way to do away with him. Maybe even get a clean before and after image of whatever it is we failed to pick up. You know, 'Paging control group to the irradiation pad please.'" Henry ended the last part in his most nasal receptionist voice.

Henry felt a bad twinge in his nose as the pepper top came off. He staved off the sneeze attack with as vigorous rubbing under his nose. "I figure the rest is all so the suits back in the board room have enough to their asses. 'Our right to free speech blah, blah, blah,'...Well we gave you phones and whatnot. 'We had no access to medicine' Well, there was doctor there taking blood to watch for infections, right?"

"You don't need much to start a lawsuit these days. Sadly you also don't need much to turn it into a staring contest between your lawyer and a football team worth of paid statues."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Previous

Return to Quarantine Zone