[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Re: Two Weeks Into Quarantine (Cafeteria)

Postby sndwurks » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 pm

"That's... an awfully complicated metaphor," says Billy, sliding his King diagonally back and away from its threatened position. "Kind of reminds me a lot Sam Spade and his Flitcraft Parable. From Maltese Falcon. You ever read the book? It's an entirely different kind of metaphor, but... similar. In that they are long, and colorful."

He chuckles briefly.

"I try to avoid such things, except when I pick up the client wanting something 'authentic'. If acting like a gumshoe from the talkies gets me an extra thousand dollars for expenses? I'll suffer for the art."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:46 am

"Well I would have used that whole bit about 'The cake is a lie" bit. The problem is I have no idea what hell people mean by that." Henry said as he moves his rook to take one of Billy's.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:17 am

"Video game reference," says Billy simply. "Pretty fun game, actually. I played it when it first came out. I think they made a sequel?"

Billy quickly moves his remaining rook, taking Henry's last rook and placing his king under threat.

"Check," he offers calmly.
sndwurks

Postby Owle Isohos » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:02 pm

"They did, just as fun," Kelsey says. She's been eating her breakfast quietly for a while, content to listen to the two men talk. "Has some pretty amazing dialogue in it. But I'm not sure it'd make a good metaphor for anything." She nods to Henry. "I think I like yours, though. Don't know if truth is a wolf or not, but if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that it's something with teeth."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Henry moved his King forward one space.

"My experience with those things peaked at Pinball. It had everything. Bells, whistles, lights, and people could not walk away with those things with a couple of guys with strong backs." Henry paused to take a bite of his half done apple. "But I know the feeling when clients walk in looking for James Cagney with a hot number manning the phone. Their attitude when reality break their dream does help ease the conscious when you add an annoyance tax to the bill."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Pushing one of his two left pawns forward in their continual march, Billy glances up from the board at Henry. He lifts a brow slowly, canting his head to the side.

"Pinball, huh?" he asks simply, giving a chuckle. "Last time I saw a pinball machine, it was in a pizza shop a little down state. And that was an antique, damn near. You must have peaked young. Pinball was going out of fashion when I was still young enough to hang out in arcades."

The private investigator glances towards Kelsey, and grins.

"Maybe we can convince the powers that be around here to bring us in a Playstation, or whatever people are playing these days. It'd give us something to do."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:45 am

Henry puts his Knight in the back row of Billy's ranks.

"What can I say? I am sucker for the classics in life. I mean where is the fun sitting closed off a room somewhere screaming at a screen? At least with arcades you had friends there cheering you on or joshing you to screw up. As a added plus, if someone called you half the crap I see left on these electronic message boards in earshot, there was no...what the hell was it called...um..trolling? They either ran faster than you or you two had it out."

Henry tipped his absent skully cap to Kelsey. "Thank you," Henry said with a smile. "It does me good to know I when I wax poetic I am not just talking ragtime."
Henry Gondorf

Postby sndwurks » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:34 am

And Billy edges his pawn one step forward, resting it on Henry's second rank. Looking up from the board, Billy grins.

"Oh, kids still talked shit in my day," he comments simply. "Only then, it was a matter of the fact that they had three friends to your zero. Which basically gave them the license to say what they wanted, and get away with it. Kids still do. You should see some of the things they send to each other on Facebook. Cyber bullying is some pretty heinous business."
sndwurks

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:49 pm

"A Playstation?" Kelsey chuckles. "It'd be nice, but they could hardly get a computer working from what Director White said. I'll settle for a pinball machine, though." She grins at Henry, then her expression grows more serious as Billy brings up cyber bullying. "You ever have to dig through that kind of crap in investigations?"
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:18 am

Henry Advances the pawn in front of his king one space forward. He seems to be preoccupied with a stray thought.
Henry Gondorf

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone