A truck rolls in

Re: A truck rolls in

Postby ronfiction » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:49 am

Lou chuckles some and opts out of making comments about a demon working for the government. Still something that Lou was going to have to get used to.

"Director White huh? You'll have to introduce me to him at some point. I'll see if I can help out with the camp. Maybe get a gig cleaning the tents out what not. Maybe if we're here into winter I can help make some better shelters."

Lou says and starts to speculate on possible job opportunities he may now have at the camp.

"I don't know if you've ever had a winter up here in Coos county but it's no joke. Especially if we have a winter like last year. I could shovel and plow snow. Clear the roofs and what not, heck, at the very least I can chop some wood and make sure we don't all freeze to death."

He said with a good nature laugh, seemingly unaware of how boring he must seem talking about such mundane things.

"But ah... The water here is ok right?"
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby personsmichael » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:33 am

Tobias moves over to the other table, and nodded to the Marshall as he sat.
"I'm sure he has a lot more use of you than me. Although I don't suspect that he'll assign us any jobs, you might be able to get a little extra cash, though." He took a sip from his flask, and nodded towards the water fountain.
"And as for the water everyone else doesn't seem to be affected by anything. But I drink my own water, especially in a situation like this."
"The best way to predict the future, is to invent it."
Tobias Paddock
Bring me your curiosity, and I will show you who you are.
personsmichael

Postby ronfiction » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Lou considers his own health for a moment and realizes that he feels just fine. He had lots of water while on the island so if he was gonna have any issues, it would have surfaced by now. Lou looks over at the food the line and considers getting himself something to eat.

"Well, I gonna do something to keep busy. Don't want to get stir crazy. Last thing we need is a bunch of folks getting all touchy because they're bored. With a crowd like this especially. It's bad enough having to worry about a riot breaking out if the Sox win the world series."

Lou says and thinks about it.

"Or lose the world series... But whatever."

Lou says and shakes his head.

"I'm sure I'll find some work to do around here. What are you two doing to kill time?"

Lou asks, trying to make meaningful conversation, deciding that neither of them look like the type that want to talk about diesel trucks or logging.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby personsmichael » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:08 pm

"Oh, I find I most enjoy watching people adapt to new surrounding, but not much of that going around here." He flicked out his wrist and had a deck of cards in his hand.
"how about some poker?"
Tobias Paddock
personsmichael

Postby ronfiction » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:25 pm

Lou looks at the deck and smirks.

"What would we play for? Food rations at this camp? Way to make it sound like prison."

He said with a chuckle. Lou got up and actually got himself finally and took a seat back with the two men. He taps on the table in front of him to show that he would like to be dealt into te card game.
ronfiction

Postby personsmichael » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:25 pm

::Tobias grins and dealt Lou a two cards and himself just as many, putting the stack in the middle. He then threw Lou a roll of pennies, and opened one himself.
"A magician is always prepared. Texts hold'em's the game, 2c Annie."
Tobias Paddock
personsmichael

Postby ronfiction » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:38 pm

Lou gives the game a smirk while he starts to eat and gives the marshal a raised eye brow to see if he would be joining them in the game. After taking a few bites and looking at his card he speaks to the other men at the table.

"How long do you think they'll be keeping us in camp? I hope not too long, This time of the year is one of the best for my work."

He says and tosses some pennies into the center of the table.
ronfiction

Postby Wolfman2006 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:36 am

Mason shrugs helplessly and grins

"Sure, why not. got absolutely no talent but I'm game. No idea how long we are going to be here, the impression I was under was a while."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby personsmichael » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:27 am

::Tobias takes half his pennies and hands it to the demon-with-a-heart, deals him two cards, and takes half away from lou, putting them to the side for any other passer by who may wish to play.::
"You're first to bet, Lou. And I would have bet we'd have a riot by now, everyone's rather calm for being kept here a month. The mysteries held by the individuals here are more than a match for 'Director Kind's' men. But I'm rambling, we'll be here until patience runs out."
Tobias Paddock
personsmichael

Postby ronfiction » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:07 am

Lou listens to the others and wonders to himself about how long they would keep him here. He wasn't a fan of taking a hand out and not working for it, but at the same time, it's not like he had many other places to go right now anyways. He could get used to getting feed and housed for free. He tossed down pennies to keep the game going between bites of his food. Mass produced and over processed, just like momma used to make.

"I bet the locals aren't a fan of this refugee camp showing up in their town. I know I would have been weirded out if one of these popped up in Berlin."
ronfiction

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone