The Medical Tent

Re: The Medical Tent

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:17 pm

"Just have a seat on the cot there, and we'll make this quick as possible. You don't have to call me 'doc', everyone just calls me Ellie." She keeps her voice deliberately calm and personable, but something in her body language suggests she might be almost as uncomfortable with Vasily as he is with her. "On alert" would be the best description. The rolling tray is already beside the cot set up with a couple syringes, stethoscope, other tools, and a clunky hand radio.

"'Sides," Ellie continues, "I'm nothin' fancy, just a simple country doctor." In a spur of the moment decision, she ditches the white lab coat for her plainclothes with a See? gesture. "Can I get your first and last name, please?"
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Tempest » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:48 pm

vasily moves to the cot and sits down eyeing the rolling tray of items. taking a bottle out of his pocket he took several of the gray pills and tossed them in his mouth.

"my names Vasily bramstev "

he spells it out knowing it is not a common name in the states.

"I have a long bad history with folk the like to poke at people saying they practice "medicine". if your a country doctor where ya from"

vasily seems a bit more calm as he talks
Brandon Harris

"This is not going to be a good day."

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Ellie glances at the pill bottle while distractedly reaching for her pen... which is in her coat. Sigh. Retrieving the pen, she scratches Vasily's name across the top of the new chart as he spells it. "Plenty enough people have problems with doctors," she says, noncommittally. "My office is up the road a piece in Whisper Hill proper. I'm the only one they've got up there, so like me or not, people haven't got much choice."

"Now, I'm required to say this spiel, so don't get spooked." Ellie reads off a sheet of paper, "As quarantined 'guests', we appreciate your cooperation in submitting to one--asterisk, amount may change without prior notice as necessary--medical examination to ascertain the spread of possible contaminants." Still in business mode, she continues with pen poised for notes, "Have you felt any dizziness, nausea, muscle pain, headache, or other symptoms since getting stuck on the island? Any prior medical conditions or allergies that I should be aware of? Anything else you wanna talk about?"
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Tempest » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:49 pm

vasily follows along as the doc reads. vasily lets out a low chuckle when asked the questions.

"well lets just say I am constantly dizzy have migraines on an everyotherday time period. I am a wreck a disaster caused by medicine. hence the pills I take a lot of them."

vasily shakes the bottle.

"I have done hard drugs soft drugs broken a lot of bones and have been homeless for a long while. you tell me doc what do you think"

vasily eyed her with empty hard eyes.
Brandon Harris

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:28 pm

At Vasily's hard gaze, Ellie looks to the chart she's holding, tapping the pen on it thoughtfully. She makes no notes, and she shrugs. "I'm not a psychologist, and this isn't my practice. Just stuck here doing what the feds tell me 'til quarantine's over. You're here because this check is mandatory. If you want real treatment later on, you see me in Whisper Hill," she finishes with a wry smirk and reaches for the stethoscope. "Now, I'm going to have to check your heart rate, reactions, all those sort of things before I pull some blood for testing. You gonna be alright with that?"
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Tempest » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:56 am

vasily sneers at the doc.

"yah I didn't think ya could fix me. no medicine can. unless you can give me some pain meds to help?

vasily shrugs and slides to the edge of the cot.

"well if its only one needle I wont mind all to much. hell I have worse done. just don't try putting anything in me. that might get ugly."

vasily looks up and smiles.

"lets do this doc"
Brandon Harris

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:22 pm

"No pain meds without proper examination," she replies matter-of-factly, "and I don't plan to put anything--drugs, anything--in you either. Just an exam." She is quiet as she presses the stethoscope to his chest and listens. She makes a note on the chart. Following that, Ellie runs through the rest of the checklist--tapping knees, blood pressure, say 'ah'--competently, business-like, and without event, though doing so a mite gentler than she had with her previous patients. "Evidence of a hard life," she mumbles into the air while shining a light in his eyes, "but no sign of contagion that I can tell."

Finally, picking up the syringe off the tray in a way that shows Vasily that it's empty, she asks, "Care to roll up a sleeve?"
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Tempest » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:49 pm

vasily slowly pealed is sleeve up to show a deeply scared arm and evidence of a lot of needle marks.

"if you can find a vain then go ahead."

vasily looks away from his arm and pushes it forward timidly.
Brandon Harris

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby Leo Wilds » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:18 pm

Leo rubbed his eyes. He hadn't talked or seen anyone since the quarantine had begun. Fixing himself up properly he sighed. He had never felt so alone before. Thinking maybe he was developing some kind of brain malfunction he decided to head to the medical tent.

Apon walking in he saw that there might be a little wait so he waited in a chair next to the entrance. He smiled to himself at the thought of him actually having something wrong. He'd never been sick or ill that he could remember. Then again there was a first for everything, but knowing that magic and the divine could be unpredictable he chuckled.

"Guess a checkup is best to put my mind at ease." He said in a low tone to himself.
"For better or worse I should have known, but to die by your hands I should have known."-Donald Edward Lareau
Leo Wilds

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:16 pm

She hesitates just a moment, and again, somewhat gently, Ellie takes Vasily's scarred up arm in her latex gloved hand and begins searching for a usable vein. It takes an extra minute or so of tapping, but she manages to find one in the tracks. From his looking away, she decides Vasily would be the type to not want to be warned before being stuck with the needle. With minimal pain, the doctor is able to drain enough blood for a full vial, then tapes a cotton ball to the spot. "Done," she says quietly, "You're free to go, Mr. Bramstev." She closes off the vial and tosses the syringe into the bio-hazard disposal bin.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone