The Medical Tent

Re: The Medical Tent

Postby Nick Sleet » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:41 pm

Nick waves back, then pulls open the tent flap and steps in. Taking a look around, he smiles at the Doctor, saying, "hi! I'm Nick; where should I get set up?"

He glances back at the flap. "Gil looked a little pale; are these tests extensive?"
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:14 am

Ellie gives a bit of a snort at Gil's mention of having a good heart and mutters under her breath, "Feh, fat lot of good it does me," as he leaves.

The new patient follows the last one, and she gestures in answer to the cot in the middle of the room. "Ellie Kennigan," she says by way of introduction, "and the tests are as extensive as they need to be, but the feds get nothin' extra outta me than what they ask for." The spiel regarding submission to one or more medical examination(s) during the stay in quarantine is again rattled off by rote while the doctor gets ready for a new exam--putting away Gil's vial and chart, grabbing a new chart, gloves, needle... The scratching sound of pen to paper. "Nicholas what?"
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby liahgeron » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:44 am

Piling together his gear and shrugging on his jacket, Gil trudges off towards the mess hall to grab some water and figure out where he can get some well deserved sleep.
liahgeron

Postby Nick Sleet » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:24 pm

Nick grins slightly at Ellie's nod towards confidentiality, sitting on the cot and rolling up his sleeve. Letting the spiel wash over him, he glances around briefly before his attention is grabbed back by the question.

"Sleet, Nicholas Sleet. So, did you get shipped in by the director, caught on the island, or are you local to these parts?"

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Ellie chuckles, "Same question you asked me before. S'Alright, can't say I remember everything that happened then either. All three, I guess? My practice is up the road a piece in Whisper Hill proper, but happened to be coming back from the transfer station when we lost the bridges, so I got stuck same's everyone else here. Glad I got the trash out of the car before winding up here for... months." A short, glowering pause. "Not that my car works anymore anyways. Just got that thing a couple years ago down at Berlin City. All the DPL guys told me the car was too new and too electrical for climate up here. Never gonna live it down." She sighs. "Anyway, if there's gonna be doctorin' happening in Whisper Hill, I'll be the one to do it, thank you very much. I'm sure everyone'll be right happier not to have the feds do the exams, and hopefully be right as rain so you can all be on your way." A glance over the rims of her glasses.

"So what's yer business up here in these parts, Sleet-Nick-Sleet?"
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Nick Sleet » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Nick looks contrite at the reminder. "Yeah, I've been blanking on a bunch of stuff that happened on the island. It was rather a lot to take in. I'm actually here sort of by accident; Kelsey and I were headed up to Canada to investigate a cold case when we got marooned on the Island."

Nick Sleet

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Ellie nods, "Let's hope you can get on your way outta here as quick as possible. Now've you felt any dizziness, nausea, muscle pain, headache or other symptoms since getting stuck on the island? Any prior medical conditions I should be aware of?"
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Nick Sleet » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:13 pm

Nick pauses a moment to think. "I've had a bit of a headache for a while now, but apart from the nightmares I'm fine..." He grins. "Of course, that's a perfectly normal response to that island! Other than a bit of knee issues, I have no prior conditions."

Nick Sleet

Postby Tempest » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:19 am

vasily walks into the tent in his ragged bloodstained clothing. looking horribly upset and uncomfortable.

"who do I talk to about this medical think I have to do"
Brandon Harris

"This is not going to be a good day."

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:46 am

Ellie tips her head down to give Nick a glance over the rims of her glasses at his comments, but says nothing more. Just as she is picking up the stethescope to begin the exam, another man busts in. There is the sense that Ellie is about to spout off in a bit of a rage at being interrupted until she sputters in surprise at the man's bloodstained attire. Instead of whatever she was going to say, Ellie responds, "That'd be me, but you'll have to wait in line. Take a seat outside, please."

"Take a deep breath," she commands with the stethescope to Nick's chest and runs through most of the checklist with an air of business about her, coming to the reaction test. She taps one knee, and then the other...
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone