The Medical Tent

Re: The Medical Tent

Postby liahgeron » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:46 am

A dozing Gil blinks a few times before coming awake.
"....Huh? What?"
Blinking the exhaustion from his eyes, Gils rolls over and stands up.
"We have bunks? The suits who dropped me off were kinda standoffish after the questioning. Though I can't say I blame them given the time of night I trudged up to the barricade. Missed the dang bus. Glad to see you made it here Doc, by the way."
Gil makes a jaw cracking yawn before dusting himself off.
"I figured I should get checked out sooner rather than later anyhoo. I tried swimming off the island the afternoon before last and folks were all atwitter about things in the water being the cause of... half, a third? Of all the crazy going on. I managed to make it off shore and into the deep water pretty quick, similarly on the way back, so I"m hoping I managed to dodge the bullet so to speak. But better safe than sorry."
liahgeron

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:15 pm

As he stands up, her stance returns to a casual one with her hands in her pockets, and Ellie rewards him with a smirk for his "glad you made it out" comment. Her expression darkens with some concern when he mentions the swim. "You did what," she asks flatly. "Did you miss the loud and very concise memo stating, 'Don't lick the river'?"
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby liahgeron » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:11 pm

"...Yes? This was shortly after we heard the bridges go... I started off from the shore to cut the distance down at least?"
liahgeron

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:11 am

Ellie exhales and shakes her head. "Can't be helped then, I guess. Welp. Might as well get in here and get started." The woman holds open the tent flap for him. "Maybe we met back there, but you'll have to forgive my memory. I'm Ellie, and your name is...?"
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby liahgeron » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:44 pm

A suitably chastised Gil responds, making a polite bob of his head.
"Gil, ma'am. Gil Uruk. And I think we did, but with all the crazy I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we missed each other and I'm mistaking you for someone else. Do you think it might be alright if I leave my gear outside? Its' rather heavy though not the best with moisture."
liahgeron

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:21 pm

"Ah, Gil it is. Right, that sounds familiar. Between the craziness of those couple days and not having to meet 'n remember so many people at once very often, I'd say I've forgot pretty much everyone's names. Though I remember yer face and the..." Ellie pauses, looking at the large duffel bag with some recognition. "Yeah, you leave that out here," she says and goes inside.

The medical tent is as it has been, though the tray near the back is fuller of standing vials full of red liquid marked with names, and there's an empty mug on the card table. She clips an empty chart to her clipboard and begins her doctor's scrawl. "U-R-U-K, right? Odd name. What's Gil short for? Gilbert? Gilbert?" Ellie repeats the name in an excellent Quebecois-French accent, rolling the G and the R.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby liahgeron » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:38 am

Gill winces a bit, before sighing,
"Gilgamesh. But please, please call me Gil. My parents were fans of mythology... and unusual names to my misfortune. It makes it worse they took inspiration from our family name. Sounds pretentious as all heck. *sigh* You have no idea how bad middle school was. We had an 'epics" block in history. Took them weeks to stop calling me by my full name again."
Tossing his coat over his sword's cross guard, Gil slides into the tent, wincing again at the vials of blood in the rack.
"Guessing blood tests order of the day? I have to warn in advance I have a mild, tiny fear needles, so can you get enough from a finger stick? Or do you need more for your tests? If not, no guarantees on me not fainting."
liahgeron

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:31 am

[OOG: Sorry for the delay, Sean. :) ]

Ellie is definitely surprised at his full name, but nods along seemingly sympathetically with his anecdote about middle school. "Gil it is," she repeats, scrawling "Gilgamesh" across the chart and gestures to the cot for him to take a seat.

"Sorry, champ," she says without much apology, "they tell me I gotta take a full vial. Just do what the feds tell me is all." As she walks across the tent to pull down a new set of gloves, Dr. Kennigan rattles off her spiel about submitting medical exam(s). "Since you went for a swim," she continues matter-of-factly, "definitely have to take a whole vial. If ya faint, ya faint. Just try to hit the cot on the way down. Not the comfiest thing, but better than the ground." She begins to shine a light in Gil's eyes.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby liahgeron » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:39 am

[OOG: No worries, I'm patient. :p]

Gil winces a bit at his future prospects, taking a seat on the end of the cot and looking straight ahead as the doc runs through her checklist.

"Welp, can't say it's a bad idea honestly. Can I keep my eyes shut from now? Might help a bit."

Gil sticks his right arm out and turns his head pointedly left with his eyes shut after the doc is done checking his pupils and head.

"For the sake of keeping my mind off my impending stick, can you tell me a bit about Whisper Hill? Good places to visit in the area, restaurants I must try, alleys to avoid? Vacant lots or buildings I can rent out for my studies? Any locals perhaps interested in mid 16th century European sword techniques? I am planning to set up a small training group for the purposes of studying the social dynamics of training in the medieval period comparing it with both modern and eastern structures..." Gil continues on babbling a bit, getting more and more into it as he goes, moving into details about the differences in the social structure concerning the role of senior students. Dry stuff, but you seem to get the sense that he's trying to distract himself by making a running tangent through his research material.
liahgeron

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:31 am

Well, she was going to continue her examination before the blood work, but seeing as how he seems so eager for it to be over... Ellie rolls her eyes. Gil rambles on for another minute or two as the doctor prepares a syringe, ties off his arm, and taps for a vein, all in silence. With a steady hand, she guides in the needle with a small accompanying pinch and begins to draw red blood, poised and stone-faced for the eventuality that the young man actually faints.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone