The Medical Tent

Re: The Medical Tent

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Ellie gives an approving nod to her mention of being an EMT while tying off one of Kelsey's arms and starting to tap for a vein. She took the blood sample unceremoniously before responding to Kelsey's question, focused on her work for the moment. "Not a whole lot," Ellie said, taping a cotton ball to the spot. "Lots of trees, lumber yard, and the road to the border. Not much to see." She wrote KELSEY GRAHAM in careful, legible letters on the vial of blood and put it in a tray. "You're all set, Ms. Graham. Thanks for not making me chase you down." Ellie dropped the tent door open to let her out.
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Owle Isohos » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:21 pm

"Thank you, doctor. Here's hoping we'll all be out of quarantine soon." Kelsey smiles, and takes her leave from the medical tent.
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby gaelicwolf » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:16 am

Conner knocks on one of the metal poles gently as he walks in. "Hello, doctor." Seeing Dr. Kennigan, he smiles slightly. "Ah, hello Ellie. Are you going to be the one doing the medical exams?"

Conner walks in and glances about a bit apprehensively. He lifts his messenger bag off and places it out of the way before rolling up his sleeves. He fiddles a little with his watch before turning back to Ellie. "How have you been since we were placed in quarantine?"
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

Dr. Conner Lachlann - University of Cambridge

~Greg (IRL), Leander Warrick & Charles Ryker (LE), Alaric Slayde (CS)~
gaelicwolf

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:50 am

As her next patient comes in, Ellie is bumping the drawer to a locking filing cabinet closed with her hip. "Step into my office," she says ironically, gesturing at the cot. "Yuh, medical exams are me. I'm sure we'd all rather have me than one of the feds." She clips a new chart to the clipboard. "I've been alright, considering. I'll feel sa-- better when I'm back in my own house. Milk's probably gone bad." She makes a sound of disgust. "How about you, Mister... Longley, was it? Sorry, I don't rightly remember everyone's name. Those couple days are a bit of a blur."
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby gaelicwolf » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:09 am

Conner chuckles. "I know the feeling, it's hard to remember half of everything that happened, let alone half of everyone's names. It's Lachlann, Dr. Conner Lachlann. Though not a doctor of anything useful, I'm afraid." He sits on the edge of the cot a smiles. "I'll certainly feel better when we're out of this quarantine, though I'll be heading up into Whisper Hill when all this is said and done." He sighs. "Though I doubt we will be getting out of here anytime soon. And there's quite a few of us jammed in here.."

Conner shakes his head and attempts to smile cheerfully. "So, doctor, from where do you hale?"

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

gaelicwolf

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:22 pm

"Lachlann," Ellie repeats, remembering. "Right. Good Irish name. Got some Irish in the family myself." She grabs a new pair of gloves as he talks. "Me? Whisper Hill proper, up the road a piece. Too far to walk now that the car's fried so probably have to hitch a ride in Marner's truck and figure something else out later," she continues, rolling her eyes.

She seems to take no notice of his apparent nervousness, possibly for any number of reasons--not wanting to call attention to it and make him more nervous, years of being a small town doctor causing her to forget people could be nervous about medicine (just stubborn), simply not caring, or anything else. "Mm, lots of folks jammed in here. Got my work cut out for me. Course I think after the ordeal of an insane couple days and a long stay in quarantine, the best medicine's going to be the familiar and comfortable surroundings of one's own home." That sentence hung in the air a second as Ellie scribbled Conner's name across the chart. "What's your business in Whisper Hill?"
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby gaelicwolf » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:29 pm

Conner nods absently. "I had forgotten that we'll have to find rides. Maybe the bus will still run." He sighs and cracks his neck. "It would be nice to be back home in my flat. Of course, the fact that I sold it might make it a bit awkward for whomever is living there now." He smirks for a moment before glancing off into the distance.

"I'm heading up to Whisper Hill to do some research on the local Native history, maybe make the New England Native Tribes the focus of my second doctoral thesis. Of course, that'll be easier said than done, since the Native peoples rarely trust outsiders." Conner shrugs. "But if nothing else it will be good to get a lay of the land to help understand how the local tribes might have lived in the area."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

gaelicwolf

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:00 pm

Ellie gives an amused snort to Conner's response, saying, "Good luck with that," with a little sarcasm and a smirk. "Ahright," she continues with an obvious shift toward business. "Here's the spiel. As quarantined 'guests', we appreciate your cooperation in submitting to one--asterisk, amount may change without prior notice as necessary--medical examination to ascertain the spread of possible contaminants." She shrugs. "Have you felt any dizziness, nausea, muscle pain, headache, or other symptoms since getting stuck on the island? Any prior medical conditions or allergies that I should be aware of? Anything else you wanna talk about?"
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby liahgeron » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:52 pm

Gil trumps up near to the tent and drops his gear outside. Hearing and recognizing thevoices within, he realizes he'll have a wait to get seen and decides to take a nap using his bag as a pillow.
liahgeron

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:44 pm

[OOG: Greg, if you'd like to continue Conner's exam some other time, drop me a PM.]

Sometime later, Ellie drops open the tent flap to let out her latest patient and notices the napping man outside. She crosses her arms. "So're you next, or did the feds not give you somewhere to sleep in the barracks?"
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone