[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - The Deputy Director's Office

The Deputy Director's Office

Re: The Deputy Director's Office

Postby sndwurks » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:41 pm

"I understand completely," replies Billy, releasing the hand and stepping back slightly. His hands slide comfortably to the pockets on his leather vest, and his face remains firmly in the precisely measured friendliness of his smile. "Just wanted to make sure we're not looking into the same person. If you need any help, however, feel free to ask. As it was when she first disappeared, the Bureau has the Nation's full cooperation in this matter."

The private investigator glances around the office a bit, taking it in carefully before turning his attention back towards the Deputy Director.

"Pardon the curiosity, but is this your song and dance group?" Billy asks, tilting his head slightly to the side. "Or was this already here when you got into town?"
sndwurks

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:45 pm

"I'm sorry, I don't understand. My song and dance group?"
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby sndwurks » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:27 pm

Gesturing around at the tents, Billy says "The dog and pony show going on here. The quarantine? Tents? Doctors? Tests? I didn't come in the bus, so if there was a tour, I missed it. Personally, as you can understand, I'd like to get out of here as soon as I can, before my trail gets any colder. If you were in charge of this, I'd like to know how I can go about doing that."

The private investigator gives a faint shrug, and the smile takes on a bit of an edge.

"Government with doctors isn't something that inspires feelings of security in me, Deputy Director. The sooner I can get out of here, the happier I will be."
sndwurks

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:46 pm

"I'm sorry to hear you have such little faith in the government and modern medicine." The Deputy Director looks genuinely saddened. "In any case, I was on my way to Whisper Hill when I saw this operation start up. Special Agent Sanchez and I used what clout we could to insert ourselves as liaisons between the two groups. While I can't cut the quarantine short, I can do what I can to make it as comfortable as possible."
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby sndwurks » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 pm

There is a blink from Billy, and he narrows his gaze a bit at the appearance of genuine sadness. Bits of incredulity creep into his expression, and he turns his head to the side slightly, as if a different position might give more definition to the expression. The incredulity turns slightly to amusement.

"Have you... done work on a reservation before?" Billy asks carefully. "I mean, I'm not challenging your authority here, or anything, but if my lack of faith in the government, or medicine, or any combination thereof surprises you..."

The private investigator gives a quick, short chuckle.

"A lack of faith in the federal government would be in your favor here, Deputy Director. Many Aquinaki have plenty of faith in the government. It's just not a good faith."

He takes a breath, and gives a nod.

"So, your Special Agent Sanchez... is he going to be doing most of the field work? As I said, the Nation would like to offer whatever cooperation it can to help you find the Millner girl. If that involves assistance with some discretion, I can provide either. Or both."
sndwurks

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:55 pm

"Your mistrust is not surprising, Mr. St. Francis. I'm just sad that the mistakes of the past continue to haunt our peoples in the present. Hopefully we can work together to overcome some of that." The federal agent gives a small nod. "Anyway, I'll be doing most of the legwork in Whisper Hill myself. Special Agent Sanchez will be traveling to and from the FBI office in Boston a good deal. And I'll be sure to keep your offer of help in mind--following a trail this cold, well... Do you have a business card? It would be great to arrive on site with a contact in the Tribe proper."
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby sndwurks » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:06 pm

"Some wounds never heal clean, Deputy Director," comments Billy with a shrug. "That's life."

He reaches into the back pocket of his pants, and pulls out his wallet. Opening it up, he pulls out a small business card which reads "Red Wolf Investigations", with a phone number and an email. He puts his wallet back away, and holds the card out to White.

"Good luck with the leg work," offers Billy with a chuckle. "Whisper Hill's a big place, bigger than a lot of the maps give it credit for. Just avoid Black Lake when the fog comes rolling in, even if you have a good boat. There's sudden shallows and sharp rocks from back when the glaciers pulled back in there. It's not unknown for a boat to get the bottom ripped out of it because of a wrong turn in the fog."
sndwurks

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 pm

"Thank you, Mr. St. Francis. I appreciate your concern. And you're right--Whisper Hill is quite large. But the trees! Absolutely stunning." Deputy Director White smiles and offers to shake hands again. "It was very good to meet you."
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby sndwurks » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:55 pm

"Betula borealis," replies Billy, taking the hand for a firm shake. "The northern white birch. My people have used those trees for everything since, well, since always. The stories even say Tabaldak carved us from them in the beginning."

Releasing the hand after the shake, Billy takes a step back towards the exit of the tent.

"Good luck with the Millner case, Deputy Director," offers the private investigator. He lifts his right hand in a bit of a gesture, tapping the side of his face near his right eye with his fingers once before turning it into an odd salute. "Be seeing you."

With that, Billy turns to head out and back towards the other tents.
sndwurks

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:52 pm

The Deputy Director gives a friendly wave, smiles, and rummages about his desk for bit. Finding whatever paperwork he is looking for, he says "Ah ha!" softly, winds the form into his typewriter, and begins poking at the machine. The clack-clack-clack of the typewriter becomes a slow but steady rhythm.
DeputyDirectorWhite

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone