Out on the back porch

Re: Out on the back porch

Postby Wolfman2006 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:03 am

Mason shakes his head

"No, this was no experiment, not like the others at least... it was more like a force than a thing, it had a presence to it. I fully admit I have nothing to support that claim, intuition again I guess. That said please feel free to correct me and prove me wrong, seriously please do. A super powered experiment? Fine, its tangible, its ultimately kill-able. That thing.... The Butcher was something different, something along the likes of which I have never seen before."

Mason frowns while in thought

"It didn't so much shrug off the injuries, so much as it just didn't care. The bullets were landing, they dug into it's flesh, I tore into it, but it wasn't even an inconvenience."

Mason's eyes light up for a moment in remembrance

"Oh and somehow sometimes when people shot it, the bullets would rebound right back at them! Was more than just bullets too come to think of it, It even redirected my own Demonic energies at me a few times. Thankfully I have learned how to endure such an assault, that said it was my own assault."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby ohyoungmarriner » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:33 am

Morsi's eyes narrow slightly. He chews over the thought of this monster. Before a glint appeared in his eyes. To reach the apex, Morsi would need to climb over the defeated and desiccated corpse of that thing.

"I am intrigued, Mr. Fell. I would like to accompany you and yours the next time we need to fight this Butcher. If it bleeds it can die, and if it can die... well, we'll find a way."
ohyoungmarriner

Postby Heyoka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:55 am

Heyoka nods in agreement with Adam. "As you have seen, I am very hard to kill. I would like to be with you next time you fight this thing. Maybe we can hunt it before it hunts us."
Heyoka

Postby Wolfman2006 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 am

Looking rather exasperated and perplexed at the reactions he was getting Mason responds.

"Ok so hold on here a minute, now that I give you the details you want to go find it?"

Mason sighs and rolls his eyes giving up with a chuckle

"Pfff you two are nuts, anyone in their right mind would want to never see that thing in person. To each his own I guess. As for finding it again, I have no idea why it was there, if it will be again, or how to find it, what it is really called, or anything really. But you are welcome to try. I am not saying I won't help you, I just am not enthusiastic about looking for it I guess."

Again he talks while absent mindedly fingering the small silver medal he wears on his neck

"I doubt it but maybe it can be tracked or traced... but my guess is whatever that thing is it has a purpose, maybe not to us but to someone, or something, maybe even just itself. It was just after dark when we left to get the gas, It appeared after we are arrived and I'd guess purposely didn't pursue us when we left. Maybe it was some kind of guardian? Yeah my guess is we will run into it again, and probably without warning."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby ronfiction » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:56 pm

Lou pointed to Mason.

"I agree with the deputy here. All you bad ass folk want to take a swing at the thing are nuts. If the situation comes up where we need to fight to that thing I'll throw down as best I can, but if it can be avoided... Well... I'll be avoiding it."

Lou said and cringed some. He had seen it while he was getting the fuel and even took a brief turn in holding it off while thee group started it's retreat. He certainly didn't want to have anything to do with it. He wasn't sure if he respected the people who were so ready to fight or was further put on edge by their overt viciousness.

"Also, was anyone there for the zombies at the abandoned church thing? Heard that was a shit show too."

Lou asked, having missed that pleasure cruise.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Merana33 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Bob gratefuly scoops up a beer and some vittles, munching quietly as he listens to the conversation.

"whelp, speakin' as one of them 'corporate goon' types, you'd be suprised just what you can get away with doing with some scrip in the right palms, even here in 'the world'." He sighs, taking off his hat and scrubbing at his hair as he contemplates just how much he's willing to share.

"See, thing is that the sorta stuff that y'all saw last night, 'taint all that uncommon 'round some parts. Mighty strange in this neck of the world by my reck'n, but 'aint no matter now. See, world is a much bigger place than most folks realise. But most folks just dunn wanna see that. They wanna worry about their Cell phones, and their EyePads. Most folks biggest worries are their kids grades, or when Hellen over in accounting is gonna divorce her deadbeat husband."

He waves a hand at the pillar of smoke coming from the forest nearby, "Stuff like this, that happens in vid'ya games and die hard movies. Or third world hellholes. Hell, if most folks heard talk about what all we've seen last night, they'd call us crazy. Bigfoot and Aliens and tinfoil hat crazy. 'course, if most'a thems had seen it themselves, they'd prolly have gone clean 'round the bend so maybe they're not all wrong."

"That there 'butcher' feller dunn sound like a protean to me. Sounds to me like something altogether different. I reckon y'all should look more into where it was, and what it was doing there 'for y'all rilled it up. Might give a clue as to what it is. We gots to fight smarter 'gainst stuff like that, cuz as Mr. Mason here said, fighting harder is likely just gonna get people dead. Get some of them corporate types inside to figurin' out the details."

Bob sets his empty down and fishes an odd pair of streamlined sunglasses from a case in his pack. "In my line 'a work there's a saying: People like us always get thrown into the hottest fires. Because anywhere else is too damm cold."
~Tony Vassard
Regional Director of asset management, Blackstone

James (IRL), Robert "Bob" Grey (OR), Dr.Elden Tyrel (LE), Toy (TIPS), Charles "MIT" Sullivan (LL)
Merana33

Postby Wolfman2006 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Mason nods towards Bob's words, then faces Lou again

"Nah I wasn't with the crowd who went to the crpyt. Gus gave me the rundown though. Said it was an abandoned church and shrine of Saint Ethan. They went to recover a lost relic, which turned out to be the Saint's finger bones from what I heard. Inside however was filled with some sort of undead monsters ; zombies or something. And there was something else in there too, they don't know if it was another undead of some sort or a person or something else. Whatever it was it was healing the undead inside making them near un-killable. From what I was told they barely were able to secure the relic and get out."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
Wolfman2006

Postby ohyoungmarriner » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Morsi nods a bit as others speak their peace. He flashes his pearly maw momentarily and releases a slight tsk sound.
"I agree. Fighting smart is key. I am not advocating just running over to it's hidey hole and throwing a fire cracker down there. What I am saying is that when this Butcher comes a-knocking again, and I truly believe it will, I'm ready to do what needs to be done. Whatever form that takes, time, and good intelligence, will tell."
ohyoungmarriner

Postby Brett » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:05 pm

"It looked like something out of a horror movie, minus the screaming teens and old plot tropes." The radio man emerged from under the stairway where he had made a little camp.for.himself currently emerging from an old sleeping bag and eating a can of hash via hobo cutlery. "Power was out, guarded the gas head, wouldn't pursue us back to the camp. We couldn't even dent it!"
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby ronfiction » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Lou gives Mason a nod, pleased with the man's... demon's...?...man's transparency. Now was not a time to be keeping things to yourself that could effect others. Lou had keep an eye and ear out all day yesterday but he wasn't brash enough to think that he had gotten the entire story. Anyone who thought they knew it all was only fooling themselves.

Lou then also gave Morsi a nod. He was pleased to hear that folks could be talked down. There would certainly be some hot heads from time to time. Heck, for a moment there last night it sounded like the deputy was gonna kill the suit that was tasked with getting the inmates. But, if lines of communication stayed open and folks listened to each maybe they would make it off this island after all.

Lou's attention landed on the radio man and laughed some at the man's description of the situation.

"I think that if you hang out with these folks long enough, you'll have plenty to write about and put on your show. Maybe write a book or something. Fiction of course, wouldn't want folks to know that there were actually demons cops on the corner or crocodiles in the corner office..."

Lou paused for a moment and looked to Morsi again.

"Crocodile, or alligator?"

He asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

PreviousNext

Return to The Rec Hall