Out on the back porch

Re: Out on the back porch

Postby Wolfman2006 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:30 am

Mason gives a relieved look of satisfaction
"Thaaank you, that question has been eating away at me. Glad someone finally asked."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby ohyoungmarriner » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:59 am

Morsi adjusts his tie a bit, grinning broadly for just a moment, though the smile never really reaches his gaze.

"Grew up closer to Alligator, though I've had a few words with Crocodile as well. You know how they say two sides of the same coin? Well, they're the same damn coin. Nothing else thinks like they do, at least as far as I know. Might be a few things out there, but nothing I've come across. They are all that remains of a primordial world which would be completely alien to us. So, to answer your question more succinctly, aliigator, I think. though at times even I'm unclear."
ohyoungmarriner

Postby Heyoka » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:48 am

Heyoka shakes his head and chuckles. "There is always more things popping up isn't there. And I know I may have spoken rashly about the Butcher. But as some of us saw, I already have my own boogeymen to deal with, I don't need another monster coming after me and my friends. But yes, caution is better than expedience." He runs a hand through his short hair and sighs, putting his mirrored shades back on to hide his eyes, which had begun to turn grey in the increasing sunlight.

He slowly turns his gaze across the group and shakes his head. "So we have people stuck here at the wrong place, wrong time. People from paramilitary groups, people who have been touched by the courts of the fey, demons on the physical plane, people with poison for blood, and a few Immortals thrown in the mix. And I don't even know whether to call you a lycanthrope, or something else, since I have only seen your claws." He turns his gaze on Mr. Morsi for this last remark.
Heyoka

Postby ohyoungmarriner » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:10 am

At the mention of the word lycanthrope, Morsi frowns slightly.

"I would not identify as such. Lycanthropy implies a lack of control. Such beings are not unknown among my circles, however."

The man hops down off the railing and clasps his hands together, the fingers interlocking and drumming slowly on the back of the palm of the other hand.

"And as to the matter of the extent of my transformative abilities, I do not use such powers lightly. They are difficult to master, and to disrespect them is folly. As Mr. Fell mentioned earlier regarding the removal of his shackles, I too prefer not to shed my skin for scales without need. There was need yesterday, yes, but not dire need. Now, when this Butcher resurfaces... that may well qualify as a dire need, and more, ahem, drastic measures might be employed."
ohyoungmarriner

Postby ronfiction » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Lou does his best to keep out with the conversation but finds more than a few terms that simply sail over his head. lycanthrope, courts of the fey, the physical plane... Nothing but clicks and buzzes to the out of work high school janitor. He smiles and nods politely in an effort to appear like he was keeping up with the conversation. Even though he didn't understand much of what they were saying, he was glad that they were keeping him involved in the conversation.

"I think we need to come up with a less creepy name for your butcher. How's bout... tower head or knife man. Ya know, something less grim."

Lou says and rubs his chin.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Wolfman2006 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:07 pm

Mason listens intently to Mr. Morsi's words with apparent interest

"Mr. Morsi I don't mean to sound disrespectful, I simply have no context to your situation. If you don't mind elaborating I would be curious to gain a better understanding. If you don't want to, please don't feel obligated to however."

When Heyoka starts listing the strange and peculiar Mason gives him a look

"And I thought I was busy. I did meet that one guy who told me about being an immortal, apparently a Dracula with a big ole sword walked in to the Rec Hall and the two almost threw down. But Faerie courts? Poison Blood? I am lost there. I've read about the Faerie, but never encountered one, never heard of people with poison blood."

With a frown Mason shakes his head towards Lou

"No. If Mr. Morsi doesn't mind me paraphrasing a little it'd be appropriate. That would imply a disrespect for that thing. Not respecting something powerful or dangerous is never a good idea. First rule for handling a Gun, never lose respect for the power you hold. You have a better name for The Butcher? Sure but if its purpose is to take away from it's gravity, as far as I am concerned that creepiness serves as a warning to those who might not take it seriously."
Last edited by Wolfman2006 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby ronfiction » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Lou pauses for a moment and then thinks back to some of the people he's met so far on the island.

"Ya know, you're right. Better keep the name creepy or else folks will start to think they could take him on their own or something dumb like that. Good point."

Lou says and pulls out his bandanna to clean off his hands.

"And speaking of guns, maybe we should go do some hunting. I've had pop tarts for dinner before but if it can be avoided... I would like to avoid it. Anyone want to come along? knowing this place, half the things on it would hunt us just as soon as we'd hunt it. Safety in numbers after all."

Lou suggested and looked to Sally and Heyoka. Sally struck him as someone who would be interested in hunting and Heyoka just had plenty of weapons kicking around.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Brett » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Looking towards the Sheriff who sprouted wings he raises his hand shyly, his exposed arms lined with vivid green veins and a small tattoo of a biohazard symbol. "

That... would be me, Project Keepsake it was a CIA thing. Long story short we could bleed out and end a town most likely, we're and odd bunch."
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby Wolfman2006 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:27 am

"I dunno about hunting, I mean this Island can't be that big... can it? I am sure there's got to be some food stored around here, maybe the Sheriff will be to help us there. That said, If you do decide to go; mind if I tag along? Not much hunting in Boston, never done it before."

Mason turns his head quickly with surprise at Brett's words.

"Wait seriously, wow. Uh ok, noted. Anything we should know about you? I mean if you were designed to wipe out establishments, as a temporary resident of a makeshift establishment I'd rather not be killed if you get my drift."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
Wolfman2006

Postby Sally » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:22 am

"Well, now that ya mention it, Lou, the fancy piece of paper in my wallet says I'm well within my rights to bag a metric fuck-ton of kai-yotes and crows for the next six months. Cost me a pinch over fifty bucks to wrangle that there permit. Might as well put it to use. I got enough rounds on me to spare one or two on gettin' us grub that ain't got Strawberry fillins."

Sally glances into the woods outside camp and asks, "Anyone reckon there's anythin' left in there, after that pack o' wolves and rats? Not in season yet, but if we catch wind of a buck... I used to put 'em down with at a hunnit yards with a .22. That was before I learned to shoot when folks was shootin' back at me, so..." he shrugs and pats the M27. "If we don't rustle up nothin' round here, I don't see any harm in roundin' up a posse and taking a poke 'round them there trees. Ya'll are more than welcome to hup along."

Sally pauses, brow furrowed for a long moment, "Hey, wasn't there a bunch-a giant-ass magpies 'round here last night? And, I second the Marshal's call not to go wipin' out the whole establishment, for the time bein'."

Another long pause from Sally, "Mason, beg yer pardon, but if you just said there's such things as vampers, well...." He turns to Adam and says, "I'm gonna have to re-iterate mah thanks for you bein' so hospitable with your grade-A scotch."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

PreviousNext

Return to The Rec Hall