Out on the back porch

Re: Out on the back porch

Postby personsmichael » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:12 am

::Tobias finished eating his poptart, and incinerated the wrapper with a snap.::
"Well I have a couple things to do, so I'll bid you all adieu." ::He walked down towards the parking lot, seemingly in a good mood.::
"and if you need anything explained, you can come to me, I've got this place pretty well figured out. that goes to everyone. stay safe!"
"The best way to predict the future, is to invent it."
Tobias Paddock
Bring me your curiosity, and I will show you who you are.
personsmichael

Postby ronfiction » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:25 am

Lou watched Tobias discharged a small amount of magic with mouth agape. He watched the wizard walk off into the distance and then shook his head some. He was really gonna need to get used to that sort of thing if he was gonna stick around. He looked around again to see if anyone had come up with an idea as to how to get off the island.

"Maybe signal a helicopter or something with a fire."

Lou suggests trying to come up with some.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Heyoka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:31 am

Heyoka feels an itching at the back of his neck and turns to look at Jackal, consciously unclenching his fists as he turns back to the group. "Not so much a badass, as someone who is just very hard to kill....or at least make stay dead."
Heyoka

Postby Wolfman2006 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:20 am

Mason shrugs at Mr. Morsi's remarks
"A cynic? Yeah can't really argue with that. A Giant hunter? Nah, Corvus seems to refer to anything that might be considered monstrous, or evil as a Jotun. And when it comes to being a badass..."

Mason raises his arm causes his chains to clatter together

"does it look like I have been very successful?"

Mason struggles to contain a flinch at the open display of magic, and tries to hide it by turning back towards Lou

"Its just a matter of time I suppose, news will get out eventually. Judging by the quality of some of the blazers worn around here? I expect some of us are expected or at least will be noticed when absent. I am more concerned with the situation here rather than getting off the island, Giant Moths, Giant Raven things, that massive thing in the dark; The Butcher... I tore into that thing with enough force to tear a man limb from limb, it didn't even flinch."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby ronfiction » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:29 am

Lou snapped his fingers agreeing with Mason's point.

"That's a good point. Someone's gonna miss all these important people."

He said thinking to all the scientist and business people. His attention falls to Morsi.

"I'm sure one missed board meeting will get people's interest peaked."

He said with a smirk.

"Yeah, That ah... Thing you all fought while I was getting us gas did look pretty nasty. Glad it didn't come and bother us while we slept. Gave myself slim odds of surviving the night in my car but looks like I lucked out."
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Heyoka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:01 am

Heyoka raises his eyebrows at this and pulls off his shades completely. "Butcher? I think I may have missed something while you were out. What happened?"
Heyoka

Postby Sally » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:25 am

While Lou, Heyoka, Deputy Marshal Fell, and Tobias discuss their current predicament (and break their fasts on pop tarts), Sally fills his flask and kicks back a swing of Morsi's very fine scotch.

Away goes the nail between his eyes, and still goes his hand.

"Why, Mr. Morsi, I do believe in all this talk of demons and monsters, you're some kind of angel," Sally says with a laugh. He gives Adam Morsi a look of grave and dear thanks, and raises the flask to him as he spins the cap closed. "Remind me and mine to shoot out the knees of anything that gets within hollarin' distance of you and yours."

It's then that Sally hears the rest of the talk- Jotuns and Magic and Knights of Badassery.

"Well, I dunno about badasses, but I'm fixin' to find out why some private company punch-clock suit can get an aerial drop of some Vee-ett-namm napalm on a bunch of civilians. Last time I checked, this was golldarn America, and you gotta have stripes on your sleeve for that kind of mess."

He contemplates this for a moment and looks to Heyoka, "Some big honkin' bubba with a pair of hog-cleavers wunnit too keen on Lou pumpin' that gas. Didn't seem to mind my M27 rounds shredding through 'em, and Fell there walloped him somethin' fierce... where in the red hell was that napalm strike, then?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby ohyoungmarriner » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:35 am

Adam raises an eyebrow at Tobias, a frown develops as he departs. Such an open display without reason still did not sit well with the man. He allowed his grimace to fade, especially as Mason mentions the Butcher, his interest clearly piqued, especially when Heyoka responds.

"I must've missed something as well. Must have been on an important conference call or something..."

His joke hangs humorlessly in the air, as he turns towards Mason with an inquiring eye, and then toward Sally when he begins to explain. He nods as he listens, chewing his lip a little as he listens.

"Well, more work to be done."
ohyoungmarriner

Postby Wolfman2006 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:40 am

"If there is one thing I have learned its you never truly know anything, there is always more. Last night when Lou was collecting the gas for the generator we were attacked, by something dark. We were told it was going to be dangerous... but call it intuition I knew it was going to be more than that. That is why one of my shackles was removed."

Mason hesitates for a moment before continuing.

"Understand what you saw of me last night was in no way treated lightly, we only do so when things are looking bad, or desperate. Anyway it was big, must have been near 8 feet tall, massive head. There were wires or maybe tentacles coming off of the side of its head. It wore a bloodstained apron, and wielded a pair of meat cleavers. Hence why I have taken to calling it The Butcher. It was dark, mind you but I got rather close."

Mason shudders at the memory and takes a deep breath

"As I said, one of my shackles was removed, not much can stand upon to that kind of fury, yet it was unfazed by me or anyone. And it swung those cleavers hard , hard enough to eviscerate most living things in a single swipe. It was all I could do to keep it occupied and distracted while Lou gathered the gas, once he finished we struggled to run. Oddly enough it didn't pursue us very far... I don't think it was a Demon, but as for what I have no idea."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Heyoka » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:53 am

The black clad man rubs the bridge of his nose and shakes his head. "Doesn't sound like anything I have ever come across. Other's like me are tough, but we do not shrug off attacks. Especially from one such as yourself. Of course, considering the grotesque features on some of those viral infected convicts....and given their cannibalistic nature...it might have been a very advanced version..."

He takes out his flachette pistol and makes sure his cartridges are all loaded and the gun is ready. "If I had some tech access I might be able to do some research, or at least ask out for advice, but it seems only local commerce is working right now through Amizon."
Heyoka

PreviousNext

Return to The Rec Hall