Out on the back porch

Out on the back porch

Postby ronfiction » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:53 pm

(OOC> In an effort to keep this slightly more orderly I've started an a thread for outside. Not trying to be mean or ignore anyone, just trying to keep this from getting out of hand lol.)

Lou looked the pop tart over some and smirked.

"Shocked is a funny way to put it all. After thinking about it though, I guess it couldn't have been easier."

Lou said and chewed on the pop tart.

"Seeing magic, demons, crazy monsters and weird machines all in one night was for the best. Having to deal with the learning about all of them one at a time would have sucked. I mean, there are most likely plenty of things I still don't know about but..."

He says and stops for a moment, seemingly having a hard time forming the full thought.

"Think of it like a bandage. It's easier to just pull it off all at once ya know."
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Re: Out on the back porch

Postby personsmichael » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:19 pm

::Tobias smiled, and took another bite of his own poptart.::
"I suppose so, you handled it pretty well." He looked over the river, wondering what kind of catalyst could cause so much supernatural to gather here.
"I was introduced to it much slower, and much more kindly too." He chuckled softly, "You know, the first demon I met made me mac and cheese."
"The best way to predict the future, is to invent it."
Tobias Paddock
Bring me your curiosity, and I will show you who you are.
personsmichael

Postby ronfiction » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Lou laughed at comment about mac and cheese and spat some pop tart up and over the railing. He finished his second cup of water and nodded to Tobias.

"Well, I know the world's a big place and I know I haven't seen much of it. I would be rather full of myself if I thought I knew everything there was to know."

Lou said and thought some more about it.

"Hell, I didn't even finish high school."
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby ohyoungmarriner » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:59 pm

"No worries. Occult Studies is a college course, Mr. Benoit."
:: The broad suited figure of Adam Morsi appears, walking calmly towards the back porch, slowly adjusting his tie. He comes up from the waterfront looking pleased-as-punch, complete with a fetching smile. His sharp toothed maw, sincere and genuine, marks him as the only man on the island who looks like he slept soundly. He nods to acknowledge the presence of Tobias, before continuing on toward the parking lot.
ohyoungmarriner

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:34 am

"Its always one thing. One straw that broke the camels back, one flake of snow that caused the avalanche or what have you. Once you discover your one-thing.... its hard to stop there. Thats how it went for me, if Demons are real, then God must be real, then Magic must be real, why not anything? I don't think it ever ends, once the door has been opened there is no shutting it."

The voice of the Deputy Marshall Fell carries over.

"Sorry if I am intruding, was really hoping you might have an extra pop-tart."

His eyes have dark bags under them and he wears a tired smile
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby ronfiction » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:53 am

Lou eyed the deputy Marshall over some and shifted some where he stood. Out of all of the strange folks he met the other night, the demon-cop was certainly one of the more unsettling ones to him. Lou turned to face the man a little better and his attention fell to the chains around his wrist and neck but he tried his best to focus on other things. Tobias had told him a little about what the deputy Marshall really was but Lou didn't really understand it (Or many things for that matter.) and was half awake at the time.

"Yeah, lot's of things to learn."

Lou admitted some and tried his best to appear more comfortable that he actually was. There was a certain amount of shock he felt but considering he was still on the island with all these folks, the real shock most likely wouldn't set in until he got back to a more 'normal' location. He chuckled some as he thought about it.

"In all seriousness, I'm most likely in the minority here. All you... Interesting folks and then a boring out of work janitor. Talk about being out of place huh?"

He said with a nervous laugh.
ronfiction

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:17 am

Mason subconsciously shifts his trench coat to conceal the worst of his shackles, his chains however always linger just in sight. He bears a small sad smile.

"Boring? no. Blessed. I am sorry if I am making you uncomfortable, I will leave if you would prefer."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby personsmichael » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:54 am

::Tobias nodded to Adam as heads away from the water, he had found a kindred spirit in him and was glad to have someone to relate to.
"I'm just as normal as you, Lou. The only thing I have on you is knowledge. And I have a loose tongue, I'm sure you'll eventually learn all I know." He thought about the terrible thing his mother gave him before he left, and shuddered. "Well almost everything."
In a quick movement, Tobias rolled up his sleeves and shifted toward the deputy Marshall. He reached into the mans pocket and pull out a wrapped pop tart. He tossed it back to the Marshall.
"I started pretty mundane, actually. But I bet you didn't, huh lawman?" He smiled slightly. "You seem very human."
"The best way to predict the future, is to invent it."
Tobias Paddock
Bring me your curiosity, and I will show you who you are.
personsmichael

Postby ronfiction » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:02 am

Lou shakes his head and tries his best to go back to normalancy. The man had certainly made Lou mad last night but as he thought more on it, he had less of a reason to be mad. The deputy Marshall had been shooting his mouth off, but at the end of the night, he was just a guy like Lou that was pissed at the situation they were in. Lou admired his passion for wanting to help the prisons but was generally unimpressed by his posturing. Impressed by the wing span... But not the posturing.

"Blessed huh? What makes you say that?"
ronfiction

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:08 am

Mason's smile turns somewhat dark and has a sarcastic edge to it, but it is overshadowed by his genuine delight at the Pop-tart. He gestures at the chains while taking his first bite.

"I wasn't always this way. I was a man, a normal average blue collar cop in southie struggling to pay my bills just like anyone...." Masons eyes trail off as if deep in thought

"But life doesn't always work out that way. I suppose there is a price to dealing with things you don't understand, when Gus and I were exposed to the existence of Demons we took it upon ourselves to fight them."

Mason pauses and gestures at his chains

"Some prices are heavier than others I suppose."

Looking back at Lou
"Cause you can look at yourself in the mirror and know who you are, you can call yourself a man and mean it. I wish I could still do the same."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
Wolfman2006

Next

Return to The Rec Hall