[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - The Next Day

The Next Day

Re: The Next Day

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Henry raises his hand and steps forward. "I'll come with you, Billy. I getting the wanderlust and a trip elsewhere might help. Worse come to worse, I can hang back so we don't spook the locals."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Eden Jones » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Eden smiled sympathetically at Rue, "Doctor, no one's asking you to disregard evidence. We're just asking you to use the evidence from recent occurrences to recalibrate your assumptions about how the world works. Isn't that what science is all about? It can be unnerving to realize that what you know is all wrong. I also think it's kind of exciting," she shrugs. "but that might just be me."

Turning to Billy, she grins, "Sorry about the excessive formality, I didn't want to just assume familiarity without your say-so. Feel free to call me Eden, too."

She gets up from her slouch against the tree, readjusts her gun in its holster, and picks up her baton, "So Nick, Billy, Henry, shall we go exploring?"
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby sndwurks » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:58 pm

"Thanks," offers the private investigator to the two offers. Billy gives a swift nod to Henry, and then to Eden. He turns towards Nick, lifting a brow. "I won't turn down a third. Hopefully, we won't need it, but better safe than sorry."

He glances towards Gus and the others at the fire.

"Anything in particular people want from the Sheriff or his office, other than a map with where the residents are?"
sndwurks

Postby cathy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:14 pm

*Zoey raises her pen and nods to Rue*

"I wouldn't say everything we know is wrong, just the opposite. We know a multitude of true facts, however by what I have seen, I would attest that our knowledge is just not complete. Recalibration is indeed a good word for this situation. However without observation and study a scientist cannot fill that gap in their knowledge."

Zoey sighs.

"A scientist yearns to touch, to examine, to know. I doubt that any of those new to my senses would allow my examination of themselves so I could fill these voids in my knowledge. It seems most people think I am out to preform crazy experiments on them, when it is not the case. However, until such time as they believe me, I unfortunately am to remain ignorant but will be content with observing from afar."

Zoey returns to her notebook to continue writing.
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:19 pm

"I think a lot of these people have had bad experiences with doctors," Kelsey says to Zoe. "I don't think it has anything to do with you, personally."

"If you could get a map we could use to figure out coordinates, that would be useful," she says to Billy. "Might be able to figure out more about what's going on."

Then she turns to Henry. "I didn't speak to The Lady much myself, but I was present while others were speaking to her, and I got to talk to her servants a bit. What did you want to know?"
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Kristina » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:32 pm

"Dr. Zinc is correct. I believe we will need to stick to asking questions in order to satisfy our need for knowledge, however."
Chastity gathers her materials and starts toward the building.
"I have a table set up with as much of the information as I've been able to gather on the things we've encountered. I did not get involved in much of the happenings, though, so that information is sadly lacking. If you would care to gather what we know in one place or just to know what we've found so far, you may join me. Many of the scientific body here have been working together to solve some of the mysteries, but more eyes and minds can't hurt, especially with the volume of new information to be sorted and processed."

"Thank you for the use of the fire, checking boiling points is my way of clearing my mind and remembering that the world has rules."

With that, she walks up the steps back into the rec hall, pulls the pencil out of her hair, and returns to the mound of notes on the table.
Chastity Hobblebush
Director
Naturalistic Research
McGregor Pharmaceuticals

Kristina

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Upon hearing Kelsey's offer of information, Henry pulled out his note book and flipped open to the last page he looked at. He did not wish to be left behind by the group so he tried to make things quick.

"Sorry if this comes out fast." He warned "Can you recall bit of the conversations held with the woman? Did she make mention of anything in particular? Also what can you tell me about those jumpy people who surrounded her? Did they have a fascination was bright object or certain people?"
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Gus » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Gus deftly douses the fire and picks up his stop sign. He chokes up on his fire axe and says, "I'll go with. I know my way around a fight, if it comes to that."
Gus

Location: Trapped in another dimension for all time in unending agony.

Postby Nick Sleet » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:39 pm

"I'm going to duck in to the mess hall and put myself on that census; I'll be right back," says Nick, heading towards the stairs.
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:05 pm

"She called herself the Lady," Kelsey answers. "And seemed offended when she was asked how she earned such a title. I heard someone say she was probably an avatar of death or something. She mentioned that she'd arrived early for the carnage party. She had business with one of ours - a broad-figured man with curly hair, glasses, a green shirt, and a sword with a gold pommel. She said he was late, and then took him off to talk in private. Her servants were pretty keen on enforcing that privacy, too. She mentioned also that another of ours -was- business, but he didn't know it. Brown hair, bearded, dressed sort of punkish in black and red - he was surprised when he found out she wanted to talk to him, but he only found out after she left. He didn't seem to know anything about her." Kelsey shrugs.

"The jumpy people around her weren't human, I'm sure of that. They asked us what a mother was, and they were fascinated by shiny objects. They enjoyed looming, and lingering when the Lady told them to, and mentioned that they weren't allowed to make deals. Oh," she adds after a pause. "When we asked how long they'd been working for the Lady, they said 'forever', and laughed."

She looks up at Henry curiously. "Do you know anything else about them? Any theories?"
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

PreviousNext

Return to The Rec Hall