The Next Day

Re: The Next Day

Postby karcaligari » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:08 pm

Having been focusing on the radiating heat from the fire, the mention of the relic piqued his attention, turning towards Kelsey with a keen look of interest glinting in his eye.

"I've seen some pretty miraculous stuff on the battlefield, but it depends on just how dead a person is. If they've only just crossed that line from 'living', as it were, defibrilation tends to have a good effect if the person's constitution is strong enough and luck is on your side. Though, the things we saw, I doubt it's anywhere near the realm of medical science we're used to. I think I caught a glimpse of this relic, but I was admittedly preoccupied with stopping up bleeding to pay it much attention. Now that we're able to breathe without inhaling poison, I suppose that it's a better time than any to weigh our options with it."
"You're not dying on me today. I swear I'll pull you out of the abyss and shove you back into your body."

Kar "Doc" Caligari (no affiliation with cabinets)
The PC formerly known as Nathaniel Maxwell (Lost Eidolons)
Player: Gian C.
karcaligari

Postby Bloodyreel » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:05 pm

William Mayfield had just returned from a stroll when he came upon the gathered group sitting around the fire. Usually it inadvisable to go out alone but sometimes it allows him to dwell on certain matter one such matter so happened to be the topic of conversation. Out of all the strange occurrences this was one that trouble him the most.

"You speak of the relic rescued from the shrine? The hand of the saint?" he asked taking off his hat before sitting down to warm up his chilled hands.

Mayfield open up a large black book and jotted down a couple of notes.
"The man who fears the unknown will one day take fright of his own backside"

“Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” - Poe

“We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones.” - King
Bloodyreel

Postby Eden Jones » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13 pm

Eden nodded at Mayfield, "Religious artifacts are not my area of expertise, but if this thing is even half as powerful as everyone is saying, it seems like it would behoove us all to keep a close eye on it. At the very least, we should make sure it's somewhere safe in trusted hands. Kelsey's got a good point that we don't know what side effects could come with using it, and I certainly have no idea how it works."

She shrugs. "I'm not as sanguine as Dr. Rue about the whole matter." Eden grins apologetically at Rue. "I like to keep track of the potentially dangerous things around me, regardless of my level of skepticism as to their efficacy."
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:50 pm

Henry stood from his seat when the group in side the Rec Hall divided and migrated in different directions. From inside his coat he pulled out a small red book and a pen. Weighing the two options, Henry heard mention of the incident the night before on the ill fated night tour. A look at the items written down the night before decided which group he would venture towards.

Henry stepped out of the Rec Hall and moved towards the fire. He listened as conjecture surrounding whatever it is the group took back with them rose. A few lines of notes made it onto the open page. Henry cleared his throat then to speak.

"I am sorry to break the train of thought among you guys but I have a question. Did any one present here have any words with the lady that came through wearing the white...um...fedora? She had a couple of loons with her, jumping around and following people." Henry asked.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Bloodyreel » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:55 pm

"Agreed. Something tells me we may not have seen the last of the creatures that were swarming the shrine. For all we know they may come searching for it. We must do all we can to make sure its kept out of the hands of evil or those who wish to harness it power for their own use. Life and Death nothing to be toyed with."

Mayfield turned his attention to Henry.

"I did not get the "pleasure". I don't who or what she is but no doubt we haven't seen the last of her. This place is riddled with secrets and mysterious beings. I wonder what draws such activities to such an isolated place."

Bloodyreel

Postby cathy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Zoey raises her head from a slouch as she silently makes her way to the terminal. Clicking away she taps the table in annoyance. Zoey stands from the terminal and walks back to the table she had been using. Opening up her small notebook she sighs deeply and begins writing. She flips back and forth between the pages and the medical waivers as she organizes her area while nibbling on one of her few cookies left.

She pushes the little plate to the edge of her table with the small stack of pizzelles on it.

"it isn't a nutritional breakfast, but it is easy on the stomach if anyone wants one."
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby karcaligari » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:56 pm

"The fact that these delicious little things survived the night is beyond me, thank you for offering them up again." Kar graciously nods to her and takes one, breaking it in half and enjoying one part of the italian baked treat.

"I've noticed one thing, not to truly derail the topic at hand, but I figured it would need mentioning. We seem to have enough trained in basic first aid and medical skills to keep ourselves alive, but there seems to be a dire lack of those able to repair clothing and armor. I think we should get a head-count of both, that way we know how to portion out ourselves should we need to."
"You're not dying on me today. I swear I'll pull you out of the abyss and shove you back into your body."

karcaligari

Postby Nick Sleet » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 pm

"That sounds like a good idea, at least for now while we're under attack," Nick says, pulling out a nutri-grain bar and taking a small bite. "Still, I'd approach that cautiously; this is New Hampshire, after all, and people may not take kindly to being drafted."

He chews contemplatively for a moment...

"Going back to what we were talking about earlier, I agree with Eden; that artifact, whatever it does, needs to be secure. It is currently safely contained, right?"
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby karcaligari » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:33 pm

Reaching into his bag, he pulls out perhaps one of the more unappetizing looking brown pouches known to people- an MRE. Tearing it open, he chuckled to himself as inside happened to be the military equivalent of a pop-tart.

"I apologize if my meaning wasn't entirely clear, sir. I didn't intend on drafting people, nor did I intend militarization. At the moment, we're cut off from the outside world, and evac transport is non-existent. I just wanted more of a headcount of who does what, that way we know what resources are at our disposal until such a time where we can get off this island. The last thing we want is to be caught with our pants down and not be able to successfully help one another."

karcaligari

Postby Bloodyreel » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:41 pm

"I also feel that we need a better idea of what everyone is capable of. That way when certain situations arise we plan our moves better. Some are good fighters, some are handymen, doctors, and of course those with more unique capabilities. We've been doing fine so far but until we get off this damn rock."

Mayfield took sip from his flask before returning his attention to his notes trying to find a connection to what he had seen so far.

Bloodyreel

PreviousNext

Return to The Rec Hall